Need some advice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some advice...

We filed CH 7 BK and had our 341 last Friday, received an update on Pacer today that we are a no asset case.

About 2 hours after that notification was received this popped up:

Request of Recovery Management Systems Corp for service of notices pursuant to fed. r. bankr. p. 2002(g)

Sort of freaked me out...

The debt stems from 2005 which was charged off in 2006 and has been floating in third party collections for a while - last I checked the debt was around $2k.

What does this mean?

Does it mean that this Recovery Management Systems Corp just wants to be included on the notices filed by the court? Are they setting this up to come after us some how??

THANK YOU as always.

YES. That is what it means. You see, when we bked, we got one for a card we never used at "Sam's" Club. Just because. Don't know why as it was never used at all. I called the person (who is known well) and he stated he would take care of it. He immediately sent a motion to discharge his debt request. It was a no issue thing. The man just knew his automation and sent it out automatic but once we asked him he stated it was an error. No prob. that is what happened to you. 'Hub

EDIT: BTW, It is beyond S.O.L. anyway. They cannot collect. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Yes, no worries. Just a "request" for notice.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X