top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extended time to answer motion for summary judgement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extended time to answer motion for summary judgement?

Is it possible to get an extension to answer (motion for summary judgment) and if so is there a civil court form that needs to be filled out? could not find on my civil court web site.
    Would calling the clerk of courts accomplish this? Calling the other side (prefer not to.)

I have until the 5th of May before judge makes a decision. :Also do I need to be present at that date?
    Thanks

You can't just call it in. You are likely to need to find out Civil Procedure for the State of Rhode Island. You may need to visit a law library to see what a motion to extend time to respond looks like. However, if you do so, please know that the plaintiff will likely file a response stating that your "response" was non-responsive. Depending on the State's specific procedure, you may or may not be able to just ask for more time to respond. If you do respond, you may need to show some cause as to why the response is delayed.

If I were pro se, I would always show up to any hearing in which you are a party. That's the only way to know what's going on and to defend any oral motions.

More than likely, you'll just have to file a Motion for Extension of Time to Answer and see where it goes.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X