No announcement yet.

In cchapter 13 wanting to go 7 Pro Se

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's unfortunate that you need to attend a hearing on the matter. However, it's going to be done soon. The Judge may actually be surprised that it wasn't done by Notice. I would not worry a bit about any of it, except the fact that you're ditching your attorney. There are probably going to be questions on that.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Update
      Went to the hearing I had 2 on the 15th on was for the motion to go from 13 to 7, and then I had a reaffirmation hearing. All went well the judge had me in chambers to double check that I was capable of handling my case without an attorney. The best part was my old attorney was there and went into chambers with me and looked over everything for me I was glad because I was kind of scared. I will have another 342 meeting, I was told I will have a new trustee and would have to hold another meeting. P.S. the attorney and the judge said I should have just filed Notice and not a motion.

Comment

All most forgot I have to file a motion to remove the atterney from my case, but the judge has done given me the okay and the atterney said he would file the motion for me...

Comment

Originally posted by ranlaws View Post
          the attorney and the judge said I should have just filed Notice and not a motion.
          This would have certainly sped up the conversion!

Originally posted by ranlaws View Post
          All most forgot I have to file a motion to remove the atterney from my case, but the judge has done given me the okay and the atterney said he would file the motion for me.
          I don't know whether the attorney is being nice or just trying to distance him/herself from you. In any event, best of luck with your new 341 Meeting and eventual discharge.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Just checked pacer my 341 meeting is 7/21 all seems to be moving fast I hope this is a good thing.

Comment

A 341 Meeting is typically scheduled about 30-45 days after filing (or, in this case, conversion). This is all normal! Your discharge would come on or about 9/20/2011.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X