Discharged :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged :)

Filed Pro Se 02/01/11. Meeting 03/16/2011. Discharged earlier this week.

Believe it or not, I am EXTREMELY glad I filed pro se. I met with two attorneys, neither of which seem to care AT ALL about my case.

When I went to my 341 meeting, there were attorneys in the room calling their office and asking their assistant : "is xxxxx a 13 or a 7?" ?!?!!? Wow - didnt even know that much at the meeting. There were 20+ people seen in the hour that I was there (I was last one called) and 3-4 attorneys. Each attorney seemed to have between 6-8 clients just that hour.

I am now going back to school to become a lawyer.

Also very strongly considering filing an AP against a creditor who is still trying collect from me post-discharge, even assigned my file to a collection agency who first reported me to the credit bureaus the DAY AFTER THE DISCHARGE. Wow. I called them and they said "well, we were not advised you filed for BK". Bull - the original creditor was noticed properly. They won't remove the credit bureau reports.

It's another Pro Se Discharge Party! Congratulations!

I would do the adversary. I did one for a creditor and I received a nice settlement! It's a lot of work though, and you must really follow procedure to the "T". (FRCP, FREv., FRBP)
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Congrats on your discharge!
      Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

congratulations!!!!!!! and if you have the will go against the creditor! win one for all of us :-)

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Welcome to the land of New Starts!!! Here you go:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

"To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Wow to our OP. GO FOR IT. You can depend on "JustBroke" for good advice. If he says it can be done, and you have the will. I want you to keep us up to date for sure.

BTW Grats, and dance the hamster VICTORY. 'Hub
            If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

impressive!

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Congrats on a successful pro se filing and your discharge

Enjoy your fresh start and wishing you well on your continuing education!!!!.
                  Filed CH 7 4/15/11
                  341 5/23/11
                  DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

Congrats!!!! I was supposed to be discharged on the 12th, but I have not been able to pay the remaining of my filling fee yet. 219 dollars away from being clear and free!

Comment

iwhite - can you request a waiver???

Comment

Originally posted by IamOld View Post
                        iwhite - can you request a waiver???

I was wondering if I could do that now. I did not know if it was too late.

Comment

I think if you call the court clerks office they woukd be able to tell you what you can do in this casr. Best wishes!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X