Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BK Software?

Has anyone used the cheaper software?
    I've been playing around with Ez-filing.. Didn't like it. Tried Best Case and really like that one but the cost doesn't justify one filing. I also tried bankruptcy 2012 didnt' like ti.
    But I have all my info in Blankrupter 4.8 I like the software. Some how I understand it.. The exemptions are out of date but you can change them. Downside is you can't print demo sheets, you have to purchase to print.

So to my question. Has anyone used software to prepare the CH7 filings? or is it a waste? At 50 bucks, it doesn't seem to bad.

Thoughts?
    8-25-2011 - Free Consultations. -- 9-03-2011 - Decided to file Pro Se
    9-15-2011 - Filed Chapter 7 Pro Se -- 10-17-2011 - 341 Meeting/No Asset Case
    Discharged 12-21-2011 - Case Closed 12-27-2011 - Another Pro Se'r has done it!!

Many people just do it the old fashion way... a PDF editing program and a lot of patience. I downloaded Bankrupter probably 2 years ago. It's nice in that you can just pay for a single filing. Best Case is, well, the best in my book, but has a hefty price for it as well.

Personally, I used an online service which let me enter the information and then it generated the petition. It too had bad data in it so I had to redo a bunch of forms by hand. In the long run, I paid too much for the online service since that cost about $190 if I remember correctly. Bankrupter sounds like the best value, other than doing them by hand.

Best of luck to you.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X