Here goes.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here goes.....

Got all the paper work done.. With help of the forums here.
    Triple and quadruple checked the paper work.

Printed an original and a copy.
    Mailing out in the morning. Hoping for the best..
    8-25-2011 - Free Consultations. -- 9-03-2011 - Decided to file Pro Se
    9-15-2011 - Filed Chapter 7 Pro Se -- 10-17-2011 - 341 Meeting/No Asset Case
    Discharged 12-21-2011 - Case Closed 12-27-2011 - Another Pro Se'r has done it!!

Best wishes!!!!!!

Comment

buzz, you're not walking your paperwork into the Clerk's office physically? I'm just wondering since I always recommend filing in person. I was able to avoid a deficiency that way, since there was a local form that I missed. (My local form deficiency was just a different version of the certification of social security number.)

If you do mail it in, I'd use an overnight mail service (FedEx, USPS Express Mail and/or UPS Next Day Air).
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

The local BK office is about 2 1/2 hour away from me so I'll be mailing it in. I was going priority mail, but I can overnight it.

As for the forms, most of them are from the district website. the others from the software are the schedules.

Comment

Update #1
          Talked with the Misses, and since she has the day off, We're taking a car ride tomorrow to file in person.

Comment

Best of luck to you on your drive! I just like to hand in the original petition in hand. That way, I get the case number immediately and can watch the Clerk's office do a quick "check" of the petition before stamping it.

Definitely bring a copy so that you can have it STAMPED.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Congratulations on your filing, and I am SO happy to know that you are carrying it there in person!! My very best wishes to you both!

Also, by taking this car ride, you have the opportunity to scope out the area around the courthouse for parking, one way traffic flow, and all that. You may be able to find out where your 341 will be held while you are there.
              "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Best of luck to you! Prayers! AngelinaCat is right!

Comment

The papers have to be filed in the Western District of WI... Which is in Eau Claire. About 2 hours 20 minutes from me.. But the 342 is in Rothschild.. Only 30 minutes from me...
                  as for a copy.. Already made one and will bring it with.

Comment

Originally posted by buzzstpoint View Post
                    The papers have to be filed in the Western District of WI... Which is in Eau Claire. About 2 hours 20 minutes from me.. But the 342 is in Rothschild.. Only 30 minutes from me...
                    Double-check on that while you are at the courthouse. We are in the Middle District of Florida, which is a weirdly drawn district. The three courthouses are in Jacksonville, Orlando, and Tampa. I am not sure what rules govern which courthouse you file at, but we were within 65 miles of Jacksonville, and that made it 'our' Courthouse. Also a 341 can be held wherever the trustee wants to hold it. Ours happened to be in a conference room at the courthouse.

Good luck!
                    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Filed this morning.. Got originals and my copy certified. She checked over everything and said it all looked good. "You must have done your homework" she said..
                      i don't have the case number but I can call around 3 she said.. Backed up this morning and said it would be scanned and filed this afternoon by 3pm.

As for the 341, she told me it would be in Rothschild. But we will be getting papers in the mail confirming it..
                      just in time too. The creditors must be able to smell it... Got 2 phone calls on the way home from the CC companies..

Comment

Awesome news!! Congrats on the first step to your Fresh Start!!
                        ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                        Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Congratulations! I remember how relieved I felt after leaving the courthouse with my filing receipt. Hoping you are also feeling a tremendous amount of emotional relief.

Best wishes,
                          Lala
                          This forum is full of amazingly talented, intelligent and caring people.
                          Ch7 BK filed Pro se: 6/2011; 341 Meeting: 7/2011; Assets abandoned; Report of No Distribution: 8/2011; Discharged and closed 9/2011.

Comment

Originally posted by buzzstpoint View Post
                            Filed this morning.. Got originals and my copy certified. She checked over everything and said it all looked good. "You must have done your homework" she said..
                            Absolutely fantastic! Didn't it feel better delivering it in hand and having the clerk do quick "page count" and form check right there? I know that I was nervous when I first walked into the Courthouse... looking at signs... trying to find the Clerk's office.

However, once the clerk took the papers, hand counted them and checked them over -- even though I was missing a "local" form which I filled out right there! -- I felt a huge weight off my shoulders. I definitely walked out of the courthouse feeling much better.

Congratulations on filing and I'm happy to learn that your 341 Meeting is closer to home!

Comment

Congrats!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X