PACER ? ~ Asset Distribution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PACER ? ~ Asset Distribution

This is a PACER question; I am pro-se Chap 7 asset case filer, my asset (my 2010 tax refund) was distributed to the five creditors who filed claims on 8.31.2011. I know that a creditor have 90 days to “cash”/deposit any distributed funds so my question is there any report or document in PACER that show if a creditor has “cashed” the check before the 90 day deadline?
    Filed Pro Se: 11.12.2010 ~ 341: 1.12.2011 ~ Discharged: 3.9.2011 ~ Officially an Asset Case: 3.30.2011 ~ Last Day to File Asset Claim: 6.28.2011 ~ Trustee Final Report: 8.1.2011 ~ Asset Distribution: 8.31.2011 ~ Case Close: 11.15.2011

There is no document for that. YOu'd need to ask the Trustee assigned to the case. At least in Chapter 13 cases, there are two websites dedicated to distributions (13DataCenter and 13Network). I don't think that there is a similar system for Chapter 7 cases.

Why do you want to know? Are you anxious for the case to administratively close? The real thing that you wanted, was the discharge! Closing is just an administrative issue and should not be your concern... unless you have not turned over assets which the Trustee demanded (or were otherwise non-exempt). My case took over 5 months to close and it as a no asset case. I didn't even worry about it.

You are probably just wondering when it is going to close. I would wait out the 90 days plus the time for the Trustee do issue their final distribution report and administratively close the case. That could be at least 120 days from 8/31/2011. You "might" be closed by the end of the year.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thank JustBroke
      I knew that C13 had websites to track payments, I was hope PACER would do the same. I logged on to PACER this afternoon saw no change to the status date and closed out, I thought I ask before I started poking around and accidently rack up some PACER charges looking at nothing useful.

Not going to lie I am anxious for the close just like everyone, the discharge may end the chapter, but I want to close the book and put it back on the shelf.

I just happen to have the luck of the drawn of a very anti-pro se trustee, she filed all reports on the very last day she was required too, last day to file claims was 6.28 but she didn’t file her final report or distribute funds till 8.31, I mean didn’t this woman want to get paid? With my luck my 5 creditors have already cashed the checks and she is going to wait the full 90 days before even verifying.

My only hope is that she has an urge to clean house in December and close me out before the end of the year. Thanks for reply, so as of today I will try to only search PACER on the last working day of the month to see if the that status date changes.
      Filed Pro Se: 11.12.2010 ~ 341: 1.12.2011 ~ Discharged: 3.9.2011 ~ Officially an Asset Case: 3.30.2011 ~ Last Day to File Asset Claim: 6.28.2011 ~ Trustee Final Report: 8.1.2011 ~ Asset Distribution: 8.31.2011 ~ Case Close: 11.15.2011

Comment

I hope that your Trustee isn't just playing with you. It's a journey and you're almost through it!
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X