top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there step by step info on how to file pro se?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there step by step info on how to file pro se?

hello,
    New to forum as of today. I am interested in filing pro se. I have done some past legal filings (not financial) without a lawyer and was successful so I thought I might save money this way. Is there a thread I can start at to find step by step info (forms needed, etc) on how to do this.
    I am wanting to file chapter 7. I do meet the guidelines for a ch 7 filing.
    Thank you very much.

Welcome to the forum!

Get a NOLO chapter 7 book, read all the stickies in the appropriate forum, digest what you've read and come back with questions.

Good luck to us all.
    No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

Here's a link to the ebook that shark66 suggested.

Learn how to file for chapter 7 bankruptcy with this reliable, up-to-date, and easy to follow guide. This guide will help you through the bankruptcy process without breaking the bank.

It is $25 but sometimes you can find online coupons for it. It comes to you as a PDF file that you can keep on your computer desktop.

Good luck!
      ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
      Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Thanks for the information. I found that I can find all the forms and steps I need from my state bankruptcy court website.

Comment

Please take this as important information. Please do not just go to the District Bankruptcy Court's website and start filing out the forms. There is a process, order, and what you put on those forms and the legal basis for exemptions, can be VERY VERY important in your case.

I highly suggest that you either start interviewing attorneys or that you get a guidebook. You may be able to borrow a "current" release of the NoLo Guide to Filing Bankruptcy (Chapter 7) in your public library. The eBook is an excellent value, but if you don't have the $25... go to the library.

There are things that are not intuitive in the forms or "instructions" included on the Bankruptcy Court websites.

Of course, we are here and you can ask us questions.
          Last edited by justbroke; 04-02-2012, 10:16 AM.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I'm with the others on this. Having filed ProSe myself, I can tell you thhat it is extremely complicated. But the NOLO book is a HUGE asset to have when filling out your forms. In fact I would say that NOBODY should file ProSe without having one of these books available to them throughout the process.
            Don
            Filed Pro Se on 8/4/11 (No Asset, Chapter 7)
            Redeemed Automobile ProSe (722 Redemption),Discharged on 11/3/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X