Mailing Matrix in Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mailing Matrix in Illinois

ok so the Northern District of Illinois in the local rules has the following:

"RULE 1007-1 COMPUTER READABLE LISTS OF CREDITORS
    In all voluntary cases filed under the Bankruptcy Code filed by parties other than pro se
    debtors, the petition for relief shall be accompanied by a list, in a computer readable format. designed and published from time to time by the clerk, of the names and complete addresses,
    including zip codes, of the following:
    (1) the debtor;
    (2) the attorney of record;
    (3) all secured and unsecured creditors; and
    (4) all other parties in interest entitled to notice in the case.
    Upon motion for cause shown, the court may excuse compliance with this Rule"

Is this the mailing matrix by another name? Or is this a copy of the mailing matrix on a cd?

Any Ideas?

This is the Mailing Matrix, the Creditor Matrix or anything else they want to call it. For your sake, please contact the Clerk's Office at the Bankruptcy Court. Ask them a "procedural question" (and make sure you say "I'd like to ask a procedural question..."). In my District, they required a disk/cdrom for any amount of creditors that exceeded 5! (They really don't like typing all that stuff in.) The format is very specific and you really need to follow the actual procedure in the office!

In fact, if you read the local rule, it informs the required party to put it in a format which is dictated by the Clerk's Office and it could be modified from time to time! (When I did mine, it was in ASCII text only and 5 lines per address (including blank lines).

Specifically to your question, this is an electronic file which may need to be delivered on CDROM or floppy or some other manner dictated by the Clerk of the Court. Additionally, there may be a local form on which you list all the addresses and then certify that the list is correct. Again, contact the Clerk's office for procedural questions on the form and format for your specific District/Division. (Please note that Divisions within a District may even have different procedures and local rules.)
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Just a follow up to this, I called the cleark and they said since I used the online forms and typend them out then I am exempt from providing a separate mailing matrix. For other pro sea int he area.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X