Illinois Time line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Illinois Time line

So I filed on Friday, ch 7 N. Illinois Easter div.

I received my copy that I sent them back along with a for to fill out and send back, which I did.

I have a 341 hearing for 9/July. Seams quick but what ever.

I can not find my pacer log in. Which may be a good thing.

Here are my few questions.

1) the 341 is 9/July, they said that I have to have my 2 class done by 15/July. IS that right?

2) if there was a problem with what I filled how long would it take until I heard from the court about the problem? Almost a week and nothing.

3) If I have set up to pay the fees in payments and the last payment is not until after the 341, will the 341 be moved till after the last payment or will the order of discharge just be held till the last payment is made?

Thanks

Originally posted by ffpmme View Post
    1) the 341 is 9/July, they said that I have to have my 2 class done by 15/July. IS that right?
    Your 2nd class -- known as the Financial Management class -- needs to be completed and filed with the court before your discharge! Your discharge should come after 9/September.

2) if there was a problem with what I filled how long would it take until I heard from the court about the problem? Almost a week and nothing.
    You should have PACER and you should have already logged and should be checking at least once a week on your case. If you're Pro Se, you do need to stay on top of things. Problems could easily creep up, like you may have actually filed a skeleton case and the court is awaiting the rest of the paperwork. The case would get dismissed after 15-days. You should see a USC 521 notice on the docket indicating that you are in compliance, if there are no deficiencies. Otherwise, you may either see a deficiency or nothing at all until the 15-days elapse. You need to know what needs to be done and whether you are in compliance. You really can't do this by sitting around waiting for the court to send you something. Remember, you are the attorney.

(I'm not saying anything to be harsh... but for pro se debtors, I need to be more firm in my responses.)

3) If I have set up to pay the fees in payments and the last payment is not until after the 341, will the 341 be moved till after the last payment or will the order of discharge just be held till the last payment is made?
    No, the 341 Meeting has nothing to do with payments. You will not receive the discharge until you pay. You really need to check the docket in PACER to make sure your installment plan was accepted. You should probably call your Case Manager to make sure you have no deficiencies and definitely check the docket (in PACER) to see your payment schedule!

The installments are usually in 4 installments although you could propose another plan. Installments can be done over 4 months if you need to. What did you put on the Installment form and what did you put for when you are going to pay?

Again, the 341 Meeting will not be moved, but your discharge should not be affected unless you don't pay before 9/September, or you otherwise fail to meet the terms of the Installment agreement.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post

You should have PACER and you should have already logged and should be checking at least once a week on your case. If you're Pro Se, you do need to stay on top of things. Problems could easily creep up, like you may have actually filed a skeleton case and the court is awaiting the rest of the paperwork. The case would get dismissed after 15-days. You should see a USC 521 notice on the docket indicating that you are in compliance, if there are no deficiencies. Otherwise, you may either see a deficiency or nothing at all until the 15-days elapse. You need to know what needs to be done and whether you are in compliance. You really can't do this by sitting around waiting for the court to send you something. Remember, you are the attorney.
      I filed all the paperwork, all the schedules, all the 50+ pages. It was a bear! I will call the case manager tomorrow to check with them. I do not see anything about USC 521. They were waiting for my notice for consumer debts but they filed and entered that yesterday. So I will see. I was under the impression that if you were deficient in something they would notify you with it. other people have said that has happened to them.

No, the 341 Meeting has nothing to do with payments. You will not receive the discharge until you pay. You really need to check the docket in PACER to make sure your installment plan was accepted. You should probably call your Case Manager to make sure you have no deficiencies and definitely check the docket (in PACER) to see your payment schedule![/QUOTE]

Payment schedule was approved, I see that int he list of documents.

Comment

Most of my post is about how you would stay on top of things. Never wait for something to be "mailed" you you! Generally speaking, the BNC, bankruptcy noticing center, mails things out on Saturday/Sunday. It would then take 1-3 days to get to you via first class mail. You don't want to lose 10 days of being able to respond.

You need to stay on top of PACER and there should be a 521 Notice in the docket. I don't know what it would be called in your District.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I called the center yesterday and they said that they were not waiting on anything, they said that there were no notes in the file and nothing looked out of place. So it sounds like I am good.

Comment

Meeting all of the deadlines and keeping on top of any deficiencies is absolutely crucial to the success of your case. No one is going to spoon feed you information. Even if you "think" it is all ok now, keep checking PACER for any changes DAILY, and if you see something you don't understand call the clerk and ask... "What does this mean?"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X