Question about supporting documentation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about supporting documentation

I filed pro se, and my 341 is next month. Will I get a letter for the court stating what additional paperwork I need to submit?

I've been reading the boards and they all say last 2 tax returns, but how far back on the bank statements? I've read from 30 days to 6 months?

We used an attorney and we had to provide 6 months worth of pay stubs, and if I remember right, 6 months worth of bank statements. I had to do that anyway, because my Unemployment compensation was direct deposited into the account, and that was the only record I had of it.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by Terrig View Post
      I filed pro se, and my 341 is next month. Will I get a letter for the court stating what additional paperwork I need to submit?

I've been reading the boards and they all say last 2 tax returns, but how far back on the bank statements? I've read from 30 days to 6 months?
      This is Trustee specific, but most want 2 years worth of tax returns. As a Pro Se debtor, you should check to see if your assigned Trustee has a website. Some Chapter 7 Trustees will have a Website which details what is required to be in the hands of the Trustee within 7 days of the 341 Meeting. Additionally, you can call the Trustee's office and simply ask. YOU are the attorney of record, so reach out to the Trustee's office.

Some Trustee offices may send a letter and other expect you to know the procedures (research, find the Website, call the Trustee's office). If this is an inquiry by the United States Trustee (UST) you would receive a letter or other contact directly. If the UST is interested in your case, they may show up at the 341 Meeting, ask questions, and ask for additional documents.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks that was very helpful

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X