top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Almost a year since discharge and now this.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost a year since discharge and now this.....

Soooo. Here I am nearly a year after my case was closed and this a$%ho!e who hit my car door while I was taking my daughter out of her seat, has sued me. I'm so pissed because 1) he could have killed me or my child 2) he was trying to deliver a pizza and wasn't looking at where he was going 3) he told the police that I suddenly opened the back door in front of him, which is impossible unless I was sitting in my infant's lap in her carseat and now has the nerve to sue me.
    Anyway. I looked into reopening my case, but it looks like I don't need to. It was a no asset Chapter 7 filed after the accident took place. I think I can just respond to the suit with a copy of the discharge. Am I right? Tell me I'm right. Tell me I don't have to pay good money to have this bozo wacked!

You are right, but they may want to see that the potential suit was "scheduled" in the Chapter 7. What does your insurance company say about this?
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X