NEED HELP QUICK on signing forms? quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEED HELP QUICK on signing forms? quick question

Filing Pro-se in Maryland, is there any specific form I need to file pro-se? and do I just sign as debtor? or do I sign as Bankruptcy preparer? or attorney? I figured Just debtor, since I am neither a Bankruptcy preparer (for a fee) or a attorney in the state of maryland (or any other state)

You always sign as the Debtor. To find out any specific "local' forms, please visit the Website for your local bankruptcy court. The reason you should do so, is that they may have certain "local" forms which they require. Also, some courts want the papers arranged in a certain order (with the Petition , Official Form 1) on top and the matrix last, for instance.

I would also highly suggest that you not mail these papers. You should walk them into the Clerks office and wait for a "receipt" (which would contain your case number).

(A quick glance at the Northern District (for Maryland) shows that they have a "pro se" clinic! It's called the Debtor's Assistance Project or DAP. http://www.mdb.uscourts.gov/content/...stance-project)
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Yeah I plan to walk them in, but By time I got things together and my paperwork in order after finding the local policy/procedure for initial filing requirements. Its 3pm and 45 minutes away in downtown traffic.. looks like Monday Morning but I am all set now

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X