Creditor Account Number problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creditor Account Number problem

I wanted to know if the last 4 digits of my account number for a creditor are absolutely needed. I have pulled up all of my credit report and on a couple there is no account # at all or it shows all the numbers except for the last 4 (exp 12345****) I've been told i can either write as much of the account number that i know or just the last 4 that show (exp *345) Anyone have any tips. I tried calling one company and they gave me a really hard time retrieving my full account number.

It's great to have the account numbers, but provided you have listed the creditor, you have done enough of the job to make it happen.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

The name and address of a creditor is what is important. I don't believe we supplied any account numbers. The fact of the matter is you are supplying the "suggestion of Bankruptcy" notice to them. They have the option to object at a 341 but don't usually take it. They WILL look you up because they have to stop billing you, or calling you. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

The creditor gets your full SSN and address. It is up to them to locate ensure that they have located your account number. I too used my credit report for some things where the full account number is not listed. I put just the last four from the credit report, even though the report didn't include the last four (for those accounts which I did not know the account number).
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X