Filling out Forms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filling out Forms?

I have been looking over the forms to file for Ch 7 and was wondering if it would be advised to use a bankruptcy preparer to fill in the forms. What about using a Bankruptcy kit (software/online), would that be a good option for doing it my self? I think I have a good enough understanding to complete the forms but I want to be sure that everything is done correctly. Any feedback on using software or a preparer would be appreciated.

I used an online service, but they actually had mistakes in some of the paperwork. I had to redo some of the forms. I would suggest either finding a good online form "completion" service, a trusted bankruptcy preparer (that doesn't charge more than $150-200) or get a real good PDF editor (probably about $99).

The hardest part is keeping all the numbers added up on the Schedules and completing the Summary Sheets! That is where a software (online) program would help. I would assume that many bankruptcy preparers actually use some software (such as Best Case or Bankruptcy Software). I think Bankruptcy Software, from National, has an online service with a one-time fee. I would caution you to watch out for "fillable" forms... they are a pain.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X