Income -freelancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Income -freelancer

I have a question for my friend....she wants to file Chapter 7 she recently just started writing for magazines, blogs, etc. But because this is not steady income...She gets paid per article or per word. How would she fill this out on the forms because it is not steady income. Her clients contact her when they need something or she works off of elance. For example she is filing for a fee waiver it asks for average month income. That changes from month to month. This is fairly new business she has started to do, around 4-5 months.

Your friend really should register and post her own questions. If she can't manage doing that for herself, she certainly should not be filing BK without an attorney.

On the means test, the instructions are right on the form. For schedule I, there are instructions at http://www.uscourts.gov/FormsAndFees...ptcyForms.aspx

For the fee waiver, I suggest she read the bankruptcy code, federal rules of bankruptcy procedure and local rules for guidance. Absent any clear rules, if she has only been in business for 4-5 months and that is her only income, she should probably just average the income for the months she's been in business.

All pro se filers should go on free consultations with a couple of attorneys to get answers to as many questions as they can. A self-employed person should be very wary of filing pro-se.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X