Question regarding renting and filing Ch 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question regarding renting and filing Ch 7

New to this forum and in a bit of a pickle with this petition.

I'm to the section ;Certification by a Debtor Who Resides as a Tenant of Residential Property'. I am current on rent and see no reason as to why I may fall behind. As I'm understanding it, I do not need to check any boxes as I'm current and do not fall into any of those categories.

I also don't intend to list my landlord on my credit matrix. This is okay, correct?

Nevermind, I've answered my own question regarding the petition.

BUT can I get confirmation as to whether it is okay to leave the landlord off the matrix?

Comment

I filed pro-se, and DID NOT include the apartment complex where I live on the mailing matrix. I did, however, list the apartment lease on my Schedule G (unexpired leases and contracts) and on my Statement of Intentions.

You should only include a current or past landlord if you are/were behind on the rent, looking to discharge back rent, and/or wishing to reject the lease and move. If you intend to remain living in the apartment, then DO NOT notify the landlord by way of the mailing matrix, and also make sure to explicitly assume the lease on your Statement of Intentions.

Comment

Thank you for the confirmation.

Comment

I have a similar question. I rent a room in an acquaintance's house and pay monthly rent. I do not have a written lease, we have a month to month agreement. Should I include him on Schedule G?

Comment

Originally posted by kdc View Post
            I have a similar question. I rent a room in an acquaintance's house and pay monthly rent. I do not have a written lease, we have a month to month agreement. Should I include him on Schedule G?
            No. A month-to-month agreement is not a contract or unexpired lease.

Comment

Kdc, I was in the same situation, paid cash every month to my roommate who owns the house we live in, no lease or contract. I just checked my filing, my attorney didn't list it on Sched. G, I'm guessing it's as bcohen said, no contract, but the amount it is on Sched. J. I didn't have to show my roommates name anywhere.

I had no problems with this, and my attorney is also a trustee.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X