Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My local schedule J is different from regular form

Hi there my regular Schedule J is very different from
    my local form no.16 regular expenses from operation of business,profession or farm
    Here is my local form
    I have a sole member LLC
    I'm basically trying to add my expenses from my business
    no.16 regular expenses from operation of business,profession or farm

Debtor 1 __________________________________________________ _____ Case number (if known)_____________________________________ First Name Middle Name Last Name
    Official Form B 6J Schedule J: Your Expenses page 2
    Your expenses
    5. Additional mortgage payments for your residence, such as home equity loans 5. $_____________________
    6. Utilities:
    6a. Electricity, heat, natural gas 6a. $_____________________
    6b. Water, sewer, garbage collection 6b. $_____________________
    6c. Telephone, cell phone, Internet, satellite, and cable services 6c. $_____________________
    6d. Other. Specify: _______________________________________________ 6d. $_____________________
    7. Food and housekeeping supplies 7. $_____________________
    8. Childcare and children’s education costs 8. $_____________________
    9. Clothing, laundry, and dry cleaning 9. $_____________________
    10. Personal care products and services 10. $_____________________
    11. Medical and dental expenses 11. $_____________________
    12. Transportation. Include gas, maintenance, bus or train fare.
    Do not include car payments. 12. $_____________________
    13. Entertainment, clubs, recreation, newspapers, magazines, and books 13. $_____________________
    14. Charitable contributions and religious donations 14. $_____________________
    15. Insurance.
    Do not include insurance deducted from your pay or included in lines 4 or 20.
    15a. Life insurance 15a. $_____________________
    15b. Health insurance 15b. $_____________________
    15c. Vehicle insurance 15c. $_____________________
    15d. Other insurance. Specify:_______________________________________ 15d. $_____________________
    16. Taxes. Do not include taxes deducted from your pay or included in lines 4 or 20.
    Specify: __________________________________________________ ______ 16. $_____________________
    17. Installment or lease payments:
    17a. Car payments for Vehicle 1 17a. $_____________________
    17b. Car payments for Vehicle 2 17b. $_____________________
    17c. Other. Specify:__________________________________________ _____ 17c. $_____________________
    17d. Other. Specify:__________________________________________ _____ 17d. $_____________________
    18. Your payments of alimony, maintenance, and support that you did not report as deducted
    from your pay on line 5, Schedule I, Your Income (Official Form B 6I). 18. $_____________________
    19. Other payments you make to support others who do not live with you.
    Specify:__________________________________________ _____________ 19. $_________________

Actually, I don't think that is a local form. It is just part of the Chap 7 form packet that the court includes on their website. They have just filled in the name of the district.

Your business expenses do not go on Schedule J. See line 8a of Schedule I.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

You refer twice to "No. 16." What are you referring to? Where did you get this form?
      Last edited by LadyInTheRed; 06-23-2014, 06:46 PM.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
        You refer twice to "No. 16." What are you referring to? Where did you get this form?
        Hi there
        I'm a bit confused with schedule j
        I'm using Nolo bankruptcy book and all
        Is well except when I got forms from Colorado
        Bankruptcy website schedule j form is not the same
        At all first part has questions about my dependents
        But anyways on a schedule j #16 says
        regular expenses from operation of business, profession or farm
        I wasn't sure what to feel in as I have 2 different
        Schedule j forms

Comment

I looked on the Colorado Bankruptcy Court's website and the only Schedule J I found was from the forms packet and it is the federal form. Can you provide a link to the form you are looking at?

Comment

Okay, I just did a search to try to figure out what form you are looking at. I found a site called Colorado Chapter 7 Bankruptcy with a Chap 7 forms packet that has an old Schedule J form with the line 16 that you describe. I bet you are getting the form from that site or some other site. You need to be getting forms from the court's website and nowhere else.

On the current forms, net business income goes on Schedule I and you are supposed to include an attachment showing how you calculated the net.

Comment

Hi ladyinthered
              thank you for your help
              This form was driving me insane

Comment

Have you found the actual court website? It is important that you rely on that site for forms and local procedures.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
                  Have you found the actual court website? It is important that you rely on that site for forms and local procedures.
                  Hi there I found the Colorado form schedule j seems the nolo books form is a lot different from the Colorado bankruptcy website
                  but i figured it out seems the Colorado form asks a little more questions age of Dependent’s ,do they live with you and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by timewalk169 View Post
                    Hi there I found the Colorado form schedule j seems the nolo books form is a lot different from the Colorado bankruptcy website
                    but i figured it out seems the Colorado form asks a little more questions age of Dependent’s ,do they live with you and so on.
                    You keep saying "Colorado bankruptcy website." That sounds a lot like the site I found that is not the court website and has the outdated form you are looking at. I suggest you find the court website or find a lawyer.

Comment

Changes to Schedule J were implemented as of December 1, 2013.

The official bankruptcy forms can all be found on the website for the U.S. Courts here: http://www.uscourts.gov/FormsAndFees...ptcyForms.aspx

Check your local bankruptcy court for local rules and forms that may supplement the official ones.
                      I am a lawyer licensed to practice in NY and CA, but I'm not your lawyer unless we have a signed agreement that says so. Nothing in this post should be considered legal advice.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X