I got my DISCHARGE today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my DISCHARGE today

I filed for Chap 7 Bankruptcy 92 days ago and I got my discharge order today.

Thank God. I am grateful for this.

I thought I would feel more relieved than I do right now. Since I've been stressed and feeling down in the dumps for so long, it's like my mind is having trouble believing that things are better. I keep telling myself to "snap out of it," but it appears that this is going to be a gradual climb to the sunshine. I know things are better; I just want to feel it.

Aside from my trustee meeting, my case went pretty smooth. Perhaps I will write about that in a different post.

Anyway, this forum has been helpful to me. Thanks to everyone that contribute and make it possible.

Congratulations on a job well done! I hope you find it in you to celebrate. You deserve it!

LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! We have a Pro Se CH7 Discharge!!!! You have done VERY WELL. Here you go:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

As for the relief factor that you are having trouble feeling, we, 'Hub and I had the same feeling. It took 15 months for our Asset case to close, after we got the Discharged--and we STILL had problems believing all of it. However, we had great fun sending out C & D letters to junk debt buyers who kept trying to make us pay our discharged debts. Of course we enclosed a copy of our Discharge Order with the C & D letter.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Thanks you two. Yes!

Comment

Congratulations! As someone who is contemplating filing and if so it will be pro-se, I would love to hear your trustee story.

Comment

Comment

Congrats NoMoe. I hope you the best going forward.
              11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Woo Hoo! Congrats!
                ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X