Selling a Boat in a 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling a Boat in a 13

I am in a 100 percent plan, at 1904 month payment for 5 years. I plan to sell my boat with the courts permission. Will I be able to keep the potential profit of 20-30k or will I have to apply this to the plan? The boat loan is paid outside of my plan and the financial institution never filed a claim. The trustee is not opposing the sale and keeping the profits, but added , “depending on the profit”

It reads as though the Trustee would want a piece of the action if the sale produces a significant profit. I don't know how to define significant, but > $5K in profits is probably significant. You should definitely ask your attorney because your attorney is going to know the Chapter 13 Standing Trustee much better than some person on the Internet. My first blush is that the Trustee will want 50% of the proceeds to go to the unsecured pool.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thank you for the response, I will keep everyone updated.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X