top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Declared six years ago before marriage, now we're buying new home. I have questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can be added to florida title afterwards, Moral of the story is, You can quit claim to put your name on deed in florida it will cost you..
    chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Originally posted by Floridagail View Post
      You can be added to florida title afterwards, Moral of the story is, You can quit claim to put your name on deed in florida it will cost you..
      gottcha...NOT HAPPY about it...but got it anyway....what's next...PLEASE don't tell me! LOL!!!!
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by Floridagail View Post
        I just called the polk county clerk, This is how florida works ,( according to the dept of revenue of florida) I will pay .70 on every 100.00 for value of mortgage to the state as I will now be on the mortgage. So If I am being added to our mortgage I become responsible for 1/2 of mortgage. So the mortgage is 250000, I pay .70 x every 100.00 of my half.125000. plus rest of fees to which she estimate about 1000.00. ( she said the girl must of quoted us based on the whole mortgage back them which was wrong) This is in florida , may not be same in other states. Wow still too much...Just another way for florida to get more taxes.
        If you are simply adding your name to title they will use whatever amout you put down for "consideration", which 99.9% of the time states $10.00, although I have seen "Love and affection" when it's between spouses. The only way to get your name added to the mortgage itself it to refinance the existing loan. A quit claim deed is usually about $10 to record in the state of Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisMM View Post
          Hello everyone

I am new here, and looking for advice. I made some mistakes with money and credit cards in college, and as a result filed for bankruptcy in 2004. I met my now husband in 2006, and we married in 2008. He owned a home before we met, and we just never got around to adding my name to the deed. Now we are moving and he wants to buy the home in his name only because of my bankruptcy. I share his concerns about my bankruptcy hurting us. He has great credit. However, I think it has been long enough that it won't hurt us as bad as he thinks. I have been in good standing with everything post-bankruptcy. I feel it is my right to be on the deed of the home, as I am his wife after all. But I don't want my bankruptcy to hurt us, either. Thoughts??
          In answer to your question, the bk should not be an issue providing your credit is good. A good loan officer will work with you to get the best approval, and if it turns out your credit is an issue, then they should be able to do the loan in his name but still add you to the deed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X