Car with Ex girlfriend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car with Ex girlfriend

Back in 2007 me and my ex went a bought a brand new 2008 toyota $16,000 car. She was bringing in $3000 a month and me $1200 a month. I had the high 720 credit score and she had very bad credit. I was listed as the main owner and she a co owner.

After a year We broke up and she took off with the car. The car is now 100% paid off and I have not talked to her in over 4 years. I have no idea where she lives or her phone number. Just that shes prob living in VA near her mother some where.

I am going to file ch 7. Is this going to be a issue? She ran off with a $3000 ring + she charged my cards ~$9000 and didn't pay back a dime even though she made the charges as a 2nd user; this is a big reason why I got over my head with the credit cards.

I don't really care if she loses the car after the way she treated me. I'm not even sure if she still has the car. Like I said we don't talk.

On my credit report it shows shes made all payments on time with the last payment being a few months ago. It also shows I use to live in VA when I never lived there.

What if she faked my name on paper so she could sell it or trade it in? Do I even tell a lawyer I have a car some where in America that my name is on, but I didn't pay for most of it and have no idea where this woman is? I'm worried .

Thanks for any advice.
    Last edited by bluediamond2077; 01-21-2014, 11:14 PM. Reason: edited a long post into paragraphs to make it easier to read.

Tell your prospective attorney everything. He or she will be best able to determine how a trustee might want to handle this.

Please do several consults with different attorneys.

Good wishes to you~~
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Yes, definitely tell your attorney. I think there is somewhere on the statement of financial affairs to list property that others are holding for you. If the trustee wants the car, it'll be between your ex and the trustee. You will have to cooperate and give the trustee as much information as he asks for (if any) and that you have that may help locate her.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X