Will I have to amend my petition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will I have to amend my petition?

OK, first I feel like a total moron and i'm kicking myself right now as i type this. I'm praying i wont have to file an amendment because my money is so tight. I filed my ch7 on 9/17 and my 341 is set for 10/23. I was looking over my deposits in one of the two bank accounts that I have. I forgot to include a gift of $100 dollars my best friend gave me to help me out with every day expenses. Also, i sold an old Iphone i had for $140. The 100 dollar gift was deposited on 3/28. The 140 was put in on 4/2. I know I am well below the 52k threshold for the means test in VA by like 32k. I remember the question asking have i sold or traded anything over 200 dollars in the last two years, i answered no. Based on this will i have to file an amendment? Will the trustee even notice or care about this little amount of money?

The Trustee is not going to care. Also, there is nothing on the Statement of Financial Affairs which asks you to list items sold over $200. The only mention of $200 is for charitable contributions or gifts to a family member. I think this is irrelevant.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      The Trustee is not going to care.
      Correct. Your trustee is probably going to ask you at the 341 if there is anything that has not been listed, and if you think of anything like this, you can always "confess" at that time. But as JB just said, the trustee is not going to care.
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X