Quit- Claim Deed on House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quit- Claim Deed on House

I signed a quit claim deed on a house that my ex and I owned together nearly 2 years ago. I filed for bankruptcy on October 6th and the quit claim would have been two years old on October 11th. I signed the deed because I paid absolutely nothing for the house and we were breaking up after two years together. My ex paid for the majority of the house with a settlement that he received from something involving him being abused at a youth camp when he was 13. I'm afraid that the trustee will want to take his home as a form of payment to my creditors. Like I said, I have no money in the house, I don't live there, I don't pay the mortgage... It would be really unfair to him if they decided to do this. I let my attorney know today but I'm worried sick about this. Any advice?

Are you just speculating and wondering? Did you have your 341 Meeting yet? Did you disclose this quit claim on your Statement of Financial Affairs (SOFA)?

No one can tell you what's in the mind of your specific Trustee. If the QC (quit claim) was part of a divorce decree or property settlement, then it is done by court order. I don't see the Trustee questioning a distribution of marital assets 2 years prior to filing.

So, if your attorney said don't worry... DO NOT WORRY!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X