top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charged items and sold them to keep my condo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charged items and sold them to keep my condo.

I had many issues with the condo I bought 2 years ago and put alot more money into it than I was expecting. I moved out of the condo and had it for sale. I paid $55,000.00 and after putting at least $25,000.00 into remodeling it I could only sell it for $55,000.00. I found out in September that my condo was up for tax auction.

I bought $4,000.00 worth of items and sold them to pay back taxes, condo fees, condo fines, and some other expenses, in order not be homeless.

I bought a camper for $7,000.00 last May and used it sometimes to live, but I could not mentally deal with living in the camper. I have a long history of mental illness.

I also stayed at hotels. I am going to disclose this. I was going to sell the camper to pay back the $4,000.00 but it didn't sell at the end of the season. I still have the camper and want to sell it but I'm worried about preferential payments. Is this a legitimate reason for buying and selling those items?
    Last edited by AngelinaCat; 04-01-2015, 03:49 PM.

Just want to add that I am bipolar and also did some irrational spending sprees of all kinds when in manic states.

I am collecting permanent disability for mental illness and have $75,000.00 in debt and with fees and interest it is near $90,000.00. I collect $1,050.00 a month from ssdi.

I know I made some huge mistakes and can never pay back this debt. But I was also thinking of selling all my assets which would give me probably $50,000.00 and try to settle these debts for less, this includes selling my condo, my vehicle, and my possessions. Then try to find a cheap apartment.
    Last edited by AngelinaCat; 04-01-2015, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Welcome to BKforum!

Please do not sell anything else to pay off dischargeable debt before you sit down and talk to a BK attorney. Not because there is anything to prevent you from selling your unencumbered property for a fair price. But, because if you are going to file BK, you may be able to keep all of that. If you owe money on your camper and it is worth less than you owe, then there is no point in worrying about sellign it unless it is costing you money to keep.

What is the current situation with your condo? Are you living there now? Do you realize that even if you are in dafualt on your mortgage, you can continue to live there until you are evicted after foreclsure?
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I'm living at the condo now. I have an equity loan that I am only making interest payments on, and it is current. And the camper has no loan, I used mostly a credit card to buy that.

I'm already getting into more debt because of heating bills, just got an extra snow removal bill of $300.00 for this past winter as did all the condo owners,

I owe $200.00 to my Psychiatrist, and a bill of $185.00 for a missed fire alarm inspection. I was here the day of the inspection and I have a small dog and they said they knocked but neither I nor the dog heard anything and he is very alert to sounds. This is an example of the harassment I got here. Every month that goes by I'll get easily at least $100.00 more in debt and that is by just existing and doing nothing.
        Last edited by AngelinaCat; 04-01-2015, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Welcome to the Forum. If you see your posts broken into separate paragraphs, that is to make them easier to read so that the membership can respond better to your questions. Thank you!
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X