Chap 7 discharge no word from bank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chap 7 discharge no word from bank

I was on Pacer and saw that my chapter 7 was discharged yesterday. In my filing I requested to reaffirm the loan. I thought the lender, Capital One, would contact me about this. Never did and when I tried to login to my account it said that American Infosource is currently servicing my account. So what should I do? I've tried calling Infosource multiple times only to be put on hold and no one ever picks up.

Can they repossess my car with or without notice? Is there a process that they should follow?

I'm lost!

As a side note I still have title to the car in my name, it was never transferred to Cap One

Comment

Yes, you should find out from American Infosource where to send the payments. Your vehicle was discharged but you get to "ride-through" by keeping up payments.

You should check out your DMV's record to see if there was a lien recorded. If there was no lien recorded, I guess you own it free and clear.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I just paid for a report from the CA DMV and it has no registered owner info or lien holder info. Called AAA and they can't search right now. Web search came up with nada. Lots of info on lemon laws and recalls.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X