Can't access account online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't access account online

car loan with Capital One. Have nopt paid payment due on 11/21 and 12/21. Always paid on line - can't log onto account to make a payment - what does this mean? Anyone have this happen to them?

I think they just want to harrass you over the phone by forcing you to call.

Comment

What happens if I mail in the payment?

Comment

Originally posted by nohope View Post
        What happens if I mail in the payment?
        You mean, mail in all the past due payments and the current payment? I would call them first. You are probably already scheduled for a repossession.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Have you filed BK already? When we filed our accounts got transferred to Ascension Capital until discharge.
          Stopped Payings CC's: 8/14/2009 | Retained Attorney: 9/23/2009 | Filed CH 7: 12/7/2009 | 341 Meeting: 1/21/2010 - Complete | Discharged: 4/9/2010
          "One person pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth."

Comment

Originally posted by LimpDisc View Post
            When we filed our accounts got transferred to Ascension Capital until discharge.
            Mine have been as well!
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Once we filed, GMAC shut down our online access, even though we were current. When I called, they said it was policy, once they were notified of the BK, no more online access. I have to mail it now.

Comment

Isn't that dumb? You would think they would encourage online access to cut down on account servicing costs.
                Attorney Retained/Paid: 1-4-10
                Online CCC-Completed & Cert Received: 1-8-10
                Filed Chapter 7 1-18-10.
                341 3-10-10 ~~~ Last Day to Object: 5-10-10

Comment

Yep, I think it is completely stupid. But guess what? They catch you by charging you 15.00 to do it by phone. So someone used to paying online and waiting til the last minute then worries it won't get there on time and gets stuck paying 15.00 to pay their bill.

Also, I had to beg to get a monthly statement. It now comes every month with a little disclaimer that this is not a request for payment. You have been discharged by the bk court and you may choose not to pay on this loan, etc etc.

Comment

Can anyone give me an idea of how long it will take Capitol One Auto Finance to get the vehicle after filing?
                    I am surrendering, and will only be a few weeks past due at filing.
                    I guess I'm wondering if they will seek a relief from stay or wait until after discharge?

Thanks!
                    Chapter 7 No Asset
                    Filed January 2010
                    341 February 2010
                    Discharged April 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                      Can anyone give me an idea of how long it will take Capitol One Auto Finance to get the vehicle after filing?
                      I am surrendering, and will only be a few weeks past due at filing.
                      I guess I'm wondering if they will seek a relief from stay or wait until after discharge?

Thanks!
                      Good question and it depends. How much do you owe on the vehicle? How much is the vehicle worth? It must be worth it for them to come after you. My vehicle is worth 7k and I owe 5k. I have not made a payment in over a year. I expressed a desire to reaffirm in chap7. I have had no contact from the ever during the BK. Basically they have given up because of the low value of the car. Now it's up to me to contact them and find a way to make payments and keep the car. In your case I would think they'd move soon for relief of stay and repo the car. Since you are surrendering you might be able to just call them and have the come pick it up.

Comment

I owe 17k, and the vehicle is worth about 12k.
                        Chapter 7 No Asset
                        Filed January 2010
                        341 February 2010
                        Discharged April 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                          I owe 17k, and the vehicle is worth about 12k.
                          They can't repo it without a relief of stay so you've got the vehicle for at least that long.

Comment

I was just wondering if they ever worried about getting a relief or just waited until after discharge. I don't see them worrying about 60-90 days, but wasn't sure what anyone's experience was.

Thanks.
                            Chapter 7 No Asset
                            Filed January 2010
                            341 February 2010
                            Discharged April 2010

Comment

Just go to the bank and pay the loan. I just give them my account number and that is the end of it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X