top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discharged from CH 7 in CA and I still have my car two months later...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged from CH 7 in CA and I still have my car two months later...?

My husband and I were discharged from our CH 7 in CA end of Jan...it is now April and we still have one car! (we surrendered 2 and both were granted relief from stay)

Can I get in trouble or be arrested for still driving the one car? Our attorney said back in Dec when the Stay meetings were held and granted that the lienholders would just call us to make arrangements to come get them...so we kept driving the cars. Well, Nissan finally came in early March, but Chrysler still hasnt called or anything....we are still driving it...can I get in trouble?? I dont want to be doing anything wrong...but it sure is nice to still have the car!

Thank you!

Originally posted by backinaction View Post
    Can I get in trouble or be arrested for still driving the one car?
    It's your car. You are on the title. Until they come and actually get it, feel free to insure it and continue to perate it!

Originally posted by backinaction View Post
    Chrysler still hasnt called or anything....we are still driving it...can I get in trouble??
    No, you can't get into trouble. How many payments did you have left on the Chrysler? Are they even still in business?
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thank you - it is actually a Lease. The lease is up in Dec of 2010. We were 4 payments behind when we filed in Sep.

When the meeting for the relief of stay was done, our atty said we can call this "toll free number" for them to arrange a pick up, or simply wait for them to call... We figured we would wait for them and just use it in the meantime. Chrysler Financial is still in business I believe...but I am not sure...

Thanks again...

Comment

I had to laugh yesterday....I got a letter from my finance company (they repo'd the car last week)....in a nutshell....

Dear Ms XXXX...we have your car. you promised to pay. you broke that promise. We're butt hurt. your car will be sold at auction. we're still butt hurt. if we sell your car (and I'm not kidding this is what the letter said ) "for more than the loan pay off we may cut you a check for that difference or give it to someone else".

I guess they're picking random people for that?? ROFLMAO The butt hurt letter went on for 3 paragraphs and finally at the bottom of the page it says something to the effect of "If this debt is included under Bankruptcy Protection you can ignore this notice. It has been sent out as a curtesy."

I'm half tempted to mail them a box of kleenex......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X