Newbie - Question about vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie - Question about vehicle

I am ten months post bk discharge. I chose to keep my vehicle and did NOT file a reaffirmation agreement. I am getting slammed with my vehicle (always have been) am totally upside down and the payments are obscene. I have received a much better offer for a new vehicle, better interest rate, etc. I had a very crappy attorney and left with A LOT of questions that are still unanswered but I do vaguely remember being told that if something happened down the road and I were unable to make any further payments, my vehicle would simply get repossessed and I would not be obligated to pay any amounts after auction, etc. Does this sound accurate? If so, I was wondering if I could just let the bank take the old vehicle and start over fresh? Thank you!

If you did not sign a Reaffirmation Agreement just call the lender and tell them to come get it. You have no financial exposure.

Des.

Comment

Thank you very much for your help. That is what I thought.

Comment

I started over fresh, just today actually! It wasn't worth it with maintenance, gas, etc. Like Des said, if you didn't reaffirm then just return it.

Comment

Is there a time limit I have to do this within? Thanks!!

Comment

No time limit. In fact, you can stop making the payments/let it get repo's anytime you want.
            There are two secrets for success in life:
            1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X