Which is worse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which is worse?

A Chapter 7 bankrutpcy or a Voluntary Repo?

A chapter 7 is worse as to your credit score if that is the question........
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Both are bad, but I suppose in absolute terms a BK is worse (although not by much).

Here is the problem, when they repo, they can come after you for the difference, so odds are, you end up in BK anyway if you have other debt issues. So, in that sense, it is not a real choice.

Comment

And lenders (if you ever want to finance a car in the future) would probably rather see a BK only rather than a Voluntary Repo followed by a BK. JMO & YMMV
        ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
        Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Thanks yall! I am still going back and forth on this Chapter 7 idea. I sign the final papers tomorrow but, I just want to make sure I am doing the right thing. I can afford all of my bills but the car so it's just makes me feel really guilty and like a piece of crap

Comment

Look at it this way, financially, which way are you better off, eliminating your debt, or keep paying for a car you no longer have? Credit recovers over time, but you can never re-earn money you lost to poor decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
              Credit recovers over time, but you can never re-earn money you lost to poor decisions.
              Excellent advice. Run the numbers and make the best business decision for you and yours.
              All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
              Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X