Is it reallythis easy with Santandar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it reallythis easy with Santandar?

I contacted Santandar 9/8 to pick up our non-reaffirmed car, as we have replaced it with a new (to us anyway) much better car. The CSR I talked to on the phone was surprisingly nice, and he said they'd have the car picked up within 2 weeks. So far, they haven't come for the car yet, but I am hoping its before the end of of the month, as that's when the insurance is due! Anyone have experience with how long it will really take them to come get the car?

If you are no longer driving the car, and have discharged the debt in bankruptcy, then there is really no reason to continue paying to insure it. The only time the issue of not having insurance would come up is if you are driving the car and get stopped be the police for some reason. Since you won't be driving it, that won't happen. For the same reason, a person would be a fool to continue insuring a car that is inoperable and which they do not intend to have repaired and drive again.

Comment

I have experience with them. They came a month after my discharge. The guys were actually quite nice. They waited very patiently on me to get my plates and all my othe stuff. They came at about 3 in the morning. I bought a car the following week.
      Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

I'm hoping since the car is sitting in our driveway, without the plates, and we've cleaned everything out of it already; that we'll either come home from work and its gone, or wake up one morning soon and its gone! drowning123 Did the guys that came to pick up your car knock on the door to let you know they were there? Or did they just start loading up the car?

Comment

Guys one note of caution - as long as the car is registered in your name you MUST (sadly) maintain at least LIABILITY insurance or your state's DMV will come after you!

Comment

That's nonsense. The state's DMV won't have actual knowledge as to whether or not the car is insured unless you get stopped by police while driving it. If it's not being driven, then the issue won't come up. I know for a fact that many people around here keep "project cars", or cars that they don't have the money to repair right now, in their driveways or backyards, and I cannot believe that anyone would actually pay insurance on a car that's not driveable--especially considering that many of these cars haven't even had the plates renewed in years. Also, considering how many people around here drive with no insurance (even though that is illegal) yet they are still able to get their plates renewed, I fail to see how the DMV has any advanced warning system of insurance cancellation like you describe.

Comment

apologies old chap....in my state at least dmv requires a monthly feed from ins cos for coverage drops....if it's registered and has plates you have to have at least liability

Comment

Originally posted by dancersmom22 View Post
                I'm hoping since the car is sitting in our driveway, without the plates, and we've cleaned everything out of it already; that we'll either come home from work and its gone, or wake up one morning soon and its gone! drowning123 Did the guys that came to pick up your car knock on the door to let you know they were there? Or did they just start loading up the car?
                They started hooking it up, then they knocked.
                Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Will it took Santandar 6mo's to p/u my truck. When i called they knew i was in chapter 13 and surrender it . Said no one had told them to pick it up.

Comment

As long as the vehicle is plated, you have to maintain liability insurance. However, if you have transferred the plate or surrendered the plate to your DMV or its equivalent (we call it the local Tax Office in Georgia) you are good to go.

Comment

What normally happens with the plates in a repo?

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X