Terminated? Case closed? No discharge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terminated? Case closed? No discharge?

My LLC filed bankruptcy in Texas on 2/10 (alongside our personal case), we had our 341 on 3/5. As of 3/29 I see this entry in PACER:

--
    Filed & Entered: 03/29/2010
    Close Bankruptcy Case
    None of that is clickable in PACER so I have no way to get any more information. Is that the end? It seems quick - I wasn't expecting an update to the case this soon. It's not even 30 days past the 341. Perhaps the rules are different for a business case? No 30/60 day waiting period?

If it matters, our personal case (same dates) hasn't seen any updates since the debtor education certificates were filed.

Help?

Sounds like something is wrong. When you search and look at the main screen, does it have a discharge date on it? Or is it a terminated date?

What's on the docket prior to that entry? (Also, there's a round circle thing next to the docket entry and it's called "docket text"... try clicking that. It will cost $0.08 to do so.)
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Is that the entry for your personal BK or your LLC BK. If its the LLC BK, that is ok, companies do not receive a discharge.

Comment

HHM is correct, in very few cases should you even file on a corporation. You can not get a discharge.

Comment

Wow, I missed the differentiation between your personal and business case. I have to agree. Make sure that's for your business case and not the personal one.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Yes, it's the business case that's terminated. The personal case is still within the 60 day window for objections.

I clicked the little round dot for the docket text and it only said "Close Bankruptcy Case." That's like .3c per letter!

Sounds like we're good to go on the business case, so hurrah for moving forward - back to waiting for my 60 days to be up!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X