top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we use a DBA under S-Corp to start new Corp after bk7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a corporation.

My State claims you can not Tradename anything that has been used till after 6 months have expired when the name or similar name is no longer viable. BUT you
    can TadeName it any time if you 'legally' are in control of the name.

So in my case, my corporation was "BigJohn" Incorporated. Instead of dissolving the corporation ( a cost) I decided not to file an annual return and let the State
    dissolve the corporation for me.

But before the corporation was dissolved, I filed for a TradeName called "BigJohn". Then I created a DBA that was not similar to "BigJohn".

Even though the corporation was dissolved ("BigJohn" Incorporated) I still do business in the same location, same phone number as "BigJohn".

The hardiest part was convincing the credit card processing company that credit cards/debit cards transactions recorded on customer statements
    from their bank should be under the TradeName "BigJohn" instead of my DBA name.
    Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

Thank you for your input BigJohn - much appreciated

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X