Small question about profit and loss statement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small question about profit and loss statement

Hello I'm self employed and heading into bankruptcy first week of July.
    My question is with a profit and loss statement do I add wages to
    the profit and loss? or do i count net income as my wages?

This is my first year being self employed so this
    is all very new to me i'm learning things as I go.

How is your business structured?

Are you a DBA?
    Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

A profit loss statement is a statement of your receipts and your expenses with the bottom line showing what your profit or loss is. If your business is a sole proprietorship (aka a "DBA") and not an LLC or corporation, you probably do not have wages. On line 4 of the means test, you will enter your gross receipts and expenses to arrive at your business income. On line 8 of Schedule I, you will enter your net business income (receipts minus expenses) on line 8 of Schedule I and attach your profit loss statement to show how you arrived at that figure. You can download the forms and see what I am talking about at http://www.uscourts.gov/FormsAndFees...ptcyForms.aspx

If your business is an LLC or corporation, you may have both wages and business income, depending on how the entity pays you. You might get a periodic wage for the work you do for the business and then receive separate distributions of net income, or you might just get distributions of net income.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X