The back story is we filed for BK in 2018, we hadn't paid the 2017 taxes, but the trustee paid it as a high priority.

Each year we filed taxes. However, we always owe. When the 2018 taxes came due, we did not have the cash to pay it. Then the same thing happened in 2019 and 2020 and 2021. We had little to no disposable cash especially early in the BK.

We owed taxes for 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021. We made some small voluntary payments but didn't put much a dent in it. I was determined to pay off as much as possible before BK was scheduled to end April 2023. Then we had the lovely news that our BK13 was discharged EARLY, by almost a year. I was worried since we owed, but the IRS was surprisingly easy to deal with, however not all of the representatives on the phone are not as educated on the BK/discharge process. Even those who didn't have an answer were polite and really tried to help. After the discharge we were allowed to make a payment plan or to set a payoff of the entire amount in 6 months. We chose 6 months since it was cheaper (no extra charges), there's large charges to make a payment plan.

Today we made the last 2020 payment and put $50 towards 2021. My personal goal for payoff is December before the holidays. We have until mid January.