Quick help on correct schedule for IRS debt in Chapter 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick help on correct schedule for IRS debt in Chapter 7

I've found the help on this board immeasurable.

Quick question: I meet my attorney for a signing appointment prior to filing in two hours, but he has instructed his paralegal to list eight years tax debt on Schedule F. There are two tax liens covering this debt on my record. The tax years are eight to four years old, but I thought since lines existed they should be listed a secured priority debt, or at least unsecured priority debt.

Any quick wisdom will be greatly appreicated.

There is no such thing as "secured priority" debt. Your attorney is doing the right thing. He is hoping that the IRS decides to just remove the lien voluntarily. What is likely to happen is that the IRS, upon receiving your petition, will determine the extent and priority of their claim for each tax year. The IRS will file a claim and it will detail what is priority unsecured and what is general unsecured. The IRS may even file a secured claim.

It's a wait and see what the IRS is thinking strategy! Trust your attorney's wisdom and experience.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X