Jobs after bankruptcy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jobs after bankruptcy.

Going under a bankruptcy and I'm not sure how to deal with it. I'm thinking what other job could I do after the bankruptcy. I need suggestions and advice on this please. However, we are consulting a debt consolidation firm here in Toronto, [firm name removed by moderator] and would probably understand the situation by the end of this week. Would love to hear some advice.
    Last edited by LadyInTheRed; 03-03-2016, 07:38 AM.

Are you saying you think you will lose your job if you file BK? In the US, it is illegal to fire you for filing BK. I don't know if that is true in Canada. I also haven't heard of people having trouble finding jobs after BK. One thing to keep in mind is that if an employer looks at a credit report and sees a lot of debt, late payments and collections, they might think the potential employee will be too focused on financial problems to be a good employee or will be tempted to steel from their employer. Somebody who just received a bankrutpcy discharge is a better risk because they have likely resolved their financial problems.

Hopefully your meeting with the debt consolidation firm, who also provides trustee services, will help put you at ease. The BK process is different in Canada. In the US, if you were going to see a debt cosolidation firm, I would give you some warnings about debt consolidation. But in Canada, I believe that is just part of the process. Keep doing what you are doing and search the internet for as much information as you can find before your meeting.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Lady in red is right. It’s illegal to fire you for filing Bankruptcy. Is that what you are trying to say? Unless you are not happy with your job that leads you to that decision to quit after filing?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X