Unemployment Ins. & Income Reporting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unemployment Ins. & Income Reporting?

I was fired from a job. Luckily, I was able to draw KY Unemployment Insurance for the last 5 months. But it's just been enough to keep me afloat, not pay down my debt. I was just recently rehired for another job. But I got confused about my hire date and accidnetly drew unemployment for one week before notifying the employment office of my new job ($350 only). I have contacted them and am in the process of paying it back. What are the odds the Trustee will see this as a hinderance to my BK case? How do trustee's verify income? Do they have new hire records for companies and access to unemployment insurance databases?

It shouldn't be a problem as long as you keep paperwork both on the money coming in and then going back out.
    Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Yes, I understand that. But will the trustee see this as an attempt to commit fraud? Because I see this as a possibility, I am begining to believe it may be best not to mention it. However, is this infomation something the Trustee has access to? Do the Trustees cross reference the income you claim when filing with any sort of government records? If they do the record will show income for my new job and for unemployment insurance for that week, which is my concern.

Comment

Originally posted by bscott31 View Post
        Yes, I understand that. But will the trustee see this as an attempt to commit fraud? Because I see this as a possibility, I am begining to believe it may be best not to mention it. However, is this infomation something the Trustee has access to? Do the Trustees cross reference the income you claim when filing with any sort of government records? If they do the record will show income for my new job and for unemployment insurance for that week, which is my concern.
        It's not fraud. Mistakes happen and once you realized the error, you took steps to correct it. If the trustee asks, just tell the truth.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X