This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unemployment Benefits CUT ALL STATES!!

well...i don't know who else got the new about the senate voting on the bill which stopped the extended unemployment benefits...

we just got the news yesterday while filing for the week...NEWS....your extension is now stopping...really??? when did this happen, we thought we had a few more months.

apparently, even tho we listen to cnn 24/7, we failed to hear about the change...or the stopping of the extended benefits...

just perfect to bring in the holiday season...isn't it??

how could i have missed something THIS big in the news??? (please be "gentle" if you respond to that...be kind!).

we called our senator in our district and found out he in fact, did vote against extending the benefits for the unemployed...so we just called him to let him know he's FIRED!!!

can anyone tell me when they found out?????
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Well Tobee, one of the problems is you're listening to the wrong news. Try FOX for fair and balance.

I admire what you did by telling your rep that he is fired. I personally do not believe that Unemployment should be extended as in many cases it stifle the person from looking for work. However, we will still be pleased to accept the monies now over three years, so we cannot kick if they cut us off. Mrs. is 58 and I am older, and Walmart has a line of greeters so what we have to pick from in our County is nothing. Aluminum can prices are down so picking them up on the side of the road does not pay.

The timing is a bit hurtful. Mrs. has not gotten the word yet but I'm sure she will. It sure will make it tougher but then, I've saved some 22 ammo and squirrel is prevalent around here. 'Possim and coon too. In Fl I've learned that you don't eat the lizards with the red tails. Boy are they bitter.

Anyway, it was bound to end but usually on the other side of elections. Just wait and see if those SS people get their $250 promise if the Dem's don't prevail.

I'm pleased to hear our Presbo is taking a well earned vacation in India after the election and has secured every room in the Taj Mahal Hotel 550. He works SOO hard and I'm sure he deserves his rest.

What is worse is, I have read here and seen it happen where a company lays people off the Friday before Christmas week. Seems like Fridays are layoff days.

Keep using your online until it fails to take your info. Mrs. did and she had an automatic "re-up". Last time. We shall see soon. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
      The I've saved some 22 ammo and squirrel is prevalent around here. 'Possim and coon too. In Fl I've learned that you don't eat the lizards with the red tails. Boy are they bitter.
      LMAO!!! We're in NE Florida, too. There are a bunch of geese in our neighborhood if you want to come over... LOL!
      Filed Ch. 7: 10-28-2010 Report of No Distribution: 12-16-2010 Disharged and Closed 2-18-1011

Comment

Well Tobee, one of the problems is you're listening to the wrong news. Try FOX for fair and balance.

I admire what you did by telling your rep that he is fired. I personally do not believe that Unemployment should be extended as in many cases it stifle the person from looking for work. However, we will still be pleased to accept the monies now over three years, so we cannot kick if they cut us off. Mrs. is 58 and I am older, and Walmart has a line of greeters so what we have to pick from in our County is nothing. Aluminum can prices are down so picking them up on the side of the road does not pay.

The timing is a bit hurtful. Mrs. has not gotten the word yet but I'm sure she will. It sure will make it tougher but then, I've saved some 22 ammo and squirrel is prevalent around here. 'Possim and coon too. In Fl I've learned that you don't eat the lizards with the red tails. Boy are they bitter.

Anyway, it was bound to end but usually on the other side of elections. Just wait and see if those SS people get their $250 promise if the Dem's don't prevail.

I'm pleased to hear our Presbo is taking a well earned vacation in India after the election and has secured every room in the Taj Mahal Hotel 550. He works SOO hard and I'm sure he deserves his rest.

What is worse is, I have read here and seen it happen where a company lays people off the Friday before Christmas week. Seems like Fridays are layoff days.

Keep using your online until it fails to take your info. Mrs. did and she had an automatic "re-up". Last time. We shall see soon. 'Hub

LOL!! hub you really are too funny...thanks for that, we need a good laugh today.

here's our general feeling on the situation...i'm ur mrs. age and my husband like you, is, well, a bit more cured...or seasoned. he worked for 50 years without ever collecting but (in the state we lived and worked employees contribute large amounts to their funds), and frankly in the job market.... NO ONE wants us now since we are up there in our years...although i must say i look well preserved...( i just needed to add that to make myself feel better today).

he deserves the money ...it's his...his pot had well over the amount he has collected in that 50 plus years, there was a ton of money the state took from him...i just ask they give it back...

you know down here unemployment is now topping off at 11.9% and i know we are all fighting over being greeter at walmart! we tried for over 2 years to no avail to get jobs and i was told on more than one occasion i was too old...and that was by law firms...can you believe???

no one will hire my dh...he was in his field for many a year and carries on his job, most see someone in excellent shape, but we are and decided, better off with early ss than for him to take a job paying $8 an hour when he was making over $100 an hour.

actually our debt to income ratio is far better than when we were both making 5 figure salaries in our hay day...we are in fact, more financially conformable! and after being choked to death daily this adjustment has been a big relief. we knew darn well the unemployment insurance was going, however,it just gave us an opportunity to begin a small saving for our future...whatever time we have...which i'm hoping is at least another 30 years provided i take good care of us..

so, in a way, my outrage is based more on the fact that we paid in for all that time and for some, who are not as fortunate as we are, it is their only source of income right now. we can manage...but how many are not going to be able to??

where ARE the jobs is the question......
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
          you know down here unemployment is now topping off at 11.9% and i know we are all fighting over being greeter at walmart!
          EXACTLY! Hubby has applied for hundreds of jobs (greeter included!) and here are some of the things he has been told: you have too much experience; we got over 1,000 applications for this position and we threw most of them away without looking at them; you don't have a college degree (for a retail sales position!!!); and this one I just LOVE...we aren't interviewing anyone who is currently unemployed!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME???
          Filed Ch. 7: 10-28-2010 Report of No Distribution: 12-16-2010 Disharged and Closed 2-18-1011

Comment

Originally posted by Dee View Post
            EXACTLY! Hubby has applied for hundreds of jobs (greeter included!) and here are some of the things he has been told: you have too much experience; we got over 1,000 applications for this position and we threw most of them away without looking at them; you don't have a college degree (for a retail sales position!!!); and this one I just LOVE...we aren't interviewing anyone who is currently unemployed!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME???
            dee!!!!! OMG those are prize responses for certain!!

we haven't gotten them all too! every excuse there is or was or will be.

Comment

LMAO!!! We're in NE Florida, too. There are a bunch of geese in our neighborhood if you want to come over... LOL!
              LOL!!! squirrel chili...yummmmm and served with stuffed geese...life can't get better that this??

Comment

In Fl I've learned that you don't eat the lizards with the red tails. Boy are they bitter.

LOL Gross! My dogs eat them, then throws up. So I wouldn't recommend it. Now if you are really gusty there are a few gators in our retention pond. Gator Nuggets sound good right about now
                "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

tobee43, I am sorry to hear about the non-renewed UI extension. Just a thought....you were a paralegal for years. Have you ever thought of preparing bk petitions for people? That is a field that is growing. You would be great at it.

I think that UI will be extended again at some point. Congress will make a lot of noise about "fiscal responsibility" before the elections, and then quietly approve an extension later, funded by cuts elsewhere.
                  You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
                    tobee43, I am sorry to hear about the non-renewed UI extension. Just a thought....you were a paralegal for years. Have you ever thought of preparing bk petitions for people? That is a field that is growing. You would be great at it.

I think that UI will be extended again at some point. Congress will make a lot of noise about "fiscal responsibility" before the elections, and then quietly approve an extension later, funded by cuts elsewhere.
                    I'd hire you Tobee!
                    "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy03 View Post
                      I'd hire you Tobee!
                      Ditto! Tobee is LOTS more responsive than my attorney and seems to know more to boot!

Comment

Now if you are really gusty there are a few gators in our retention pond. Gator Nuggets sound good right about now
                        Hmmm...that's an idea (as I scrutinize the juvenile gator in the pond outside).

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post

your sweet...and i have tried it's over 200 application with my national cert from bu...with my grade point attached... nothing...

...actually i was rather upset with the firm i used because they hired two people while they were doing mine and i was helping them sooooo much...i'm to old i think because it was a really young firm

Comment

I'd hire you Tobee!
                            thanks!!! for you it's free!!!!!

Comment

Ditto! Tobee is LOTS more responsive than my attorney and seems to know more to boot!
                              dee thanks for the vote! bk and family law were my too yucks...but frankly, now, i would take anything!

although i'm use to working behind the scenes in closed rooms...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X