Attn: Unemployed & Tier 5 Extension Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
    so i'm somewhat puzzeled on how ones exactly continued to "file" on line with the extension does not go through...with the thought that maybe it will go through at a later date?
    Yes. That's what I was suggesting. I think you'd have to do it just the same as always. But then instead of telling you that a check will be issued, it'd tell you that you don't have anything available.
    Don
    Filed Pro Se on 8/4/11 (No Asset, Chapter 7)
    Redeemed Automobile ProSe (722 Redemption),Discharged on 11/3/11

Comment

Originally posted by doni49 View Post
      Yes. That's what I was suggesting. I think you'd have to do it just the same as always. But then instead of telling you that a check will be issued, it'd tell you that you don't have anything available.
      gottcha...so we will continue then! and be hopeful something happens with this congress that doesn't care since so many are leaving...and leaving US in this mess...it's going to hard.
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by WhatMoney View Post
        What names am I calling someone? Tobee does not understand how the BLS numbers are collected - I've tried to correct her - but that has proven hopeless - I will not spend any more time on her.

The 17.0% October rate is U-6, as I said before. I suggest you go to the Sticky Employment Thread and look up the U-1 thru U-6 unemployment statistics. U-3 is the rate commonly quoted in the public news. U-6 is the rate you are quoting and includes everyone that wants a job, whether they are collecting Unemployment Insurance or not. UI is not used to calculate the monthly unemployment numbers. Check out the link to the BLS in this thread if you are interested:

http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.ph...l=1#post469670

I have been posting unemployment and economic numbers in the BK forum for years. They are just numbers - but seem to irritate some people on the far-right if the numbers don't always agree with their opinion that the sky is falling.

I agree - I only posted here because one member was spreading misinformation about the unemployment statistics. I'll go back to Collections now, where I usually hang out.
        Whatmoney, I appreciate your reply to my thread. It was very professional and polite.

Comment

I have one final check coming and that is it. When the check comes, it tells me how much is left in my account. The final check tells me if I am potentially eligible for another extension or not. If I am eligible, it automatically files for me. I have had to fill out 2 applications, one at the beginning, and another to do another set of extensions.

I am crossing my fingers for some type of emergency program or something. I haven't heard much dialogue this week in the news about this subject. Perhaps next week the 24 hour news medias will start talking about this subject. All I am hearing now is the deficit and the tax cuts for the rich and middle class, and sometimes don't ask don't tell, and sometimes just high unemployment numbers, but nothing about another extensions.

Hello congress/president/senate, is there an echo out there??? (Crickets chirping for my response).

Comment

Originally posted by helpme2010 View Post
            I have one final check coming and that is it. When the check comes, it tells me how much is left in my account. The final check tells me if I am potentially eligible for another extension or not. If I am eligible, it automatically files for me. I have had to fill out 2 applications, one at the beginning, and another to do another set of extensions.

I am crossing my fingers for some type of emergency program or something. I haven't heard much dialogue this week in the news about this subject. Perhaps next week the 24 hour news medias will start talking about this subject. All I am hearing now is the deficit and the tax cuts for the rich and middle class, and sometimes don't ask don't tell, and sometimes just high unemployment numbers, but nothing about another extensions.

Hello congress/president/senate, is there an echo out there??? (Crickets chirping for my response).
            me either...cnn is running the no tax break for those over 250k....i think the obama may be doing that just to tick of the new incoming congress and senate???

what i find it hard to believe is the timing of the cut off...right when the holidays comes...so it's going to certainly be something we will, in the near, future NOT be forgetting.
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
              me either...cnn is running the no tax break for those over 250k....i think the obama may be doing that just to tick of the new incoming congress and senate???

what i find it hard to believe is the timing of the cut off...right when the holidays comes...so it's going to certainly be something we will, in the near, future NOT be forgetting.
              I agree about the timing (it reminded me when I got fired from my job just 3 weeks before Christmas). This is the question I ask of our government, "where is your compassion?" How can someone in congress or the senate demand tax breaks for rich people or corporations or giant banks, but refuse to help the poorest of the poor? How can you let people stay homeless in the streets and not offer them the basic necessities to survive, such as food, medicene and shelter?

I think rich people have this impression that those on unemployment are living it up, partying everyday, doing drugs, and having the time of their lives living off the unemployment checks. In reality, the unemployed are struggling to just put a meal on the table, pay their rent and wonder if they will find a job before the government cuts off the checks. Pure stress, no joy.

One example of how desparate poor people are, see what happens when a company posts a job and several hundred to several thousand people apply, or when a government organization such as a local fire department puts up a job posting for 2 or 3 positions and hundreds of people camp out the night before waiting to apply...How about when they hold a free medical clinic for a week and thousands of people wait in line for days just to get a tooth fixed or have a medical problem taken care of that has been neglected for years...Yeah the poor are living high on the hog alright

Comment

Although I live in Florida I am collecting unemployment from New York. This was my last week on Tier 2 and cannot move to the next tier unless Congress acts. But the NY DOL website instructs that you keep certifying and you get a retro check if Congress acts.

Comment

Originally posted by ByeByeCCs View Post
                  Although I live in Florida I am collecting unemployment from New York. This was my last week on Tier 2 and cannot move to the next tier unless Congress acts. But the NY DOL website instructs that you keep certifying and you get a retro check if Congress acts.
                  i'll have to look over the site better...we are living in florida as well but collecting from nj.

i guess we are both part of the mass exodus out of the northeast...

Comment

Before I took a temporay job I called unemployment and talked with them at length. They said to keep filing, even though I would be ineligible, as it would keep my account open. So each week I get a letter saying I'm not eligible but it keeps me active in their files. I will continue to do this (position ends middle of December) and hope for the best. They said if I didn't file it would be like starting all over and would take time to re-activate.

We'll see what happens Nov 30th I guess.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X