top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unemployment extensions - 99ers - Any Updates?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
    i know for us, we understand a bit about what's it's like to re-adjust one's life style. and, for us, it's really just not as much with a conflict with working beneath one's skill level, as it is, that, how can someone buy a gallon of gas at $4 a gallon when one is making less than $8 an hour. how can one eat when chopped meant is $3.99 a pound on minimum wage?

it's extremely frightening. and, for many of us that have had to "downsize" considerably it's not so much about the dignity...or losing ones pride, it's a simply a matter of not be able to survive. for many, we will see the welfare roles increase...food stamps usage will go up as well. states and the federal government will have to move on medical care for not just the young, and old, but the "lost" middle class that found themselves out on their butts. sad as it is, it's a reality we all need to deal with.

i know here, i know there are NO jobs, florida is still standing still at approx. 12% unemployment. there is simply no place to go...no walmarts, no burger flipping...nothing..
    Geez tobee - you really burst my bubble. I was hoping to move to Fla from the pits of Mich next year when I turn 62 and get that job at burger king!

Oh well - at least they wouldn't tax my small pension and IRA withdrawals like our new nerd gov here wants to now! And it doesn't snow there in March does it?
    Stopped charging 6-1-10 - Filed 1-25-11 - 341 2-24-11 - Discharged 4-26-11 - Closed 4-29-11
    Any opinion I give is strictly that! I am not a lawyer.

Comment

Originally posted by startover24 View Post
      Geez tobee - you really burst my bubble. I was hoping to move to Fla from the pits of Mich next year when I turn 62 and get that job at burger king!

Oh well - at least they wouldn't tax my small pension and IRA withdrawals like our new nerd gov here wants to now! And it doesn't snow there in March does it?
      NO WAY startover......Buger U....u need a perfect SAT score and you need to know someone in the kitchen......LOL!!!!!!!
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

NO WAY startover......Buger U....u need a perfect SAT score and you need to know someone in the kitchen......LOL!!!!!!!
        I've been told many times that I have a good SIT score. Does that count?
        Stopped charging 6-1-10 - Filed 1-25-11 - 341 2-24-11 - Discharged 4-26-11 - Closed 4-29-11

Comment

And how'd you know my college? Old BU. LOL

Comment

Hey all of you, there is only one burger king job available and we can't all compete for Burger U. I am asking all of you to back away from applying for Burger U, so I can get the job at Burger King. sighhhhhh

Comment

Originally posted by houston7 View Post
              Get off your high horse and answer the question.

WHY DID YOU FILE BANKRUPTCY INSTEAD OF SEEKING A DIFFERENT SOURCE OF INCOME?

Don't dodge.

Answer the question.
              I HAVE NOT FILED BANKRUPTCY.

Aside from that, why are you mixing two unrelated concepts? What do seeking a job (the topic here was extension of unemployment benefits ad infinitum) and bankruptcy have to do with each other?

As to why I MAY file bankruptcy, I have a constitutional right to do so.

Trust me houston, I don't dodge. Follow me around here long enough and you'll understand.
              Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
                I HAVE NOT FILED BANKRUPTCY.

Aside from that, why are you mixing two unrelated concepts? What do seeking a job (the topic here was extension of unemployment benefits ad infinitum) and bankruptcy have to do with each other?

As to why I MAY file bankruptcy, I have a constitutional right to do so.

Trust me houston, I don't dodge. Follow me around here long enough and you'll understand.
                You are still dodging.

Why are you considering filing bankruptcy instead of seeking other sources of income, like you tell those of us collecting unemployment to do?

Until you answer this question, you are dodging.

Answer the question.

Comment

Originally posted by startover24 View Post
                  And how'd you know my college? Old BU. LOL
                  LOL!!!!!!!!! my OLD college was BU....Boston U...ROFL!!!!!!!!!!...and when i was going there........burger flipping classes were all filled up!!!!!!...(but it really was my old school..)
                  Last edited by tobee43; 03-23-2011, 06:39 AM.
                  8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

You are still dodging.

Why are you considering filing bankruptcy instead of seeking other sources of income, like you tell those of us collecting unemployment to do?

Answer the question.
                    sometimes it's best to just put people on "ignore"....especially, when people answer that have NO direct experience in a situation...(i.e. one who has never filed bk on a bk forum, unless visiting the forum to learn from those that have lived through it, or...i.e. someone NOT collecting UI and commenting and answering questions and they don't have and never have collected during this 99er's time period)....need i write more..

i always personal enjoy "comments" and input...even from those that never personally experience a situation...however, not when it's based on ignorance, so, sometimes you just have to let it go...or just "block" the person.

now...back to the subject at matter...........

we'll be filing for another extention next wed., i think we are going into tier 4...we are SCARED!!! we hope it goes through.
                    Last edited by tobee43; 03-23-2011, 06:40 AM.

Comment

You are still dodging.

Answer the question.
                      Show me where I suggested anyone to seek other sources of income as a means of not filing bankruptcy? I will dodge your red herring question until you post that I did such a thing.

I could not care less why you file bankruptcy nor could I not care less if you are perpetually on welfare. I do care that I am able to express my opinion about unemployment and what the intent of congress was in establishing the program. I do care that it's acceptable for anyone on here to express opinion on whether unemployment compensation is or is not a form of welfare.
                      Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by helpme2010 View Post
                        Hey all of you, there is only one burger king job available and we can't all compete for Burger U. I am asking all of you to back away from applying for Burger U, so I can get the job at Burger King. sighhhhhh
                        NO...way....getting and taking the job!! i was here FIRST...LOL!!!!!!!

Comment

Show me where I suggested anyone to seek other sources of income as a means of not filing bankruptcy? I will dodge your red herring question until you post that I did such a thing.

I could not care less why you file bankruptcy nor could I not care less if you are perpetually on welfare. I do care that I am able to express my opinion about unemployment and what the intent of congress was in establishing the program. I do care that it's acceptable for anyone on here to express opinion on whether unemployment compensation is or is not a form of welfare.
                          Answer the question you dodger.

You are throwing out your opinion that long term unemployment is welfare. You are stating that they should seek other sources of income instead of collecting unemployment. I am pointing out the fact that you, who is considering filing bankruptcy, instead of taking YOUR OWN ADVISE, and seeking other sources of income, are sitting in judgement of other people. As such, if you express your opinion on those of us on unemployment, we will express our opinion of you.

You see, my reason for filing bankruptcy is due to a job loss. Now you, who, according to your posts are still employed, are considering filing bankruptcy. Why? Why don't you follow your own advise and seek other forms of income? You do realize that you look WORSE than those of us who are unemployed because you have a job and considering bankruptcy.

Unless of course there is a backstory you would like to share with the rest of the class.

Comment

ohioflyer I have to agree with the others on this board that you have no experience being unemployed for a lengthy period of time nor have you filed bk, so unless or until you have gone through these experiences, you truly do not understand the situation. It's like me saying military wives just need to get over all the complaining about their husbands serving in war. Sure I can throw out some Dr. Phil crappola and advice, but there is no way on Earth I could even remotely understand their suffering.

I notice you comment a lot about my threads of unemployment, etc. but you truly don't understand and aren't offering anything positive to the threads.

This thread is for those of us unemployed looking for options, venting, and discussing new legislation that may be passed to help us. And unemployment insurance is not welfare, so enough already. If you don't have information helpful to the unemployed, please stop giving your advice and righteous opinions, they really aren't helpful to anybody on this board.

Comment

Originally posted by helpme2010 View Post
                              ohioflyer I have to agree with the others on this board that you have no experience being unemployed for a lengthy period of time nor have you filed bk, so unless or until you have gone through these experiences, you truly do not understand the situation. It's like me saying military wives just need to get over all the complaining about their husbands serving in war. Sure I can throw out some Dr. Phil crappola and advice, but there is no way on Earth I could even remotely understand their suffering.

I notice you comment a lot about my threads of unemployment, etc. but you truly don't understand and aren't offering anything positive to the threads.

This thread is for those of us unemployed looking for options, venting, and discussing new legislation that may be passed to help us. And unemployment insurance is not welfare, so enough already. If you don't have information helpful to the unemployed, please stop giving your advice and righteous opinions, they really aren't helpful to anybody on this board.
                              trolls on every board... sad but true....

sure isn't helpful to those that need sound advise or just a chance to share and vent...

hopefully one of the mods will start taking notice...i hope...i hope...

Comment

Ok, I have stayed out of this discussion, but am going to throw my opinion into the mix now, because I think some of the posters are confusing issues.

1. Short term unemployment insurance is not welfare. It is in many states, (like NJ) a system that is paid into by employees and is more like insurance than welfare. It is debatable at what point long term unemployment insurance could be considered welfare. If the insurance goes on well past the point that money was paid into the system, and if there is no end date ever, then unemployment insurance would be a form of welfare because it would be a long term entitlement based on need not merit.

2. There is no pejorative connotation to the word "welfare" when I use it. I am using the word as a means of describing financial need based government entitlements. I do not think welfare is bad or wrong.

3. 99 weeks of not holding any job whatsoever will be very detrimental to obtaining professional employment moving forward. Employers do not want to see long gaps in a resume where skills have atrophied, knowledge has been forgotten, work habits have weakened, and skill relevancy has disappeared. It is better to volunteer or start a business than to collect unemployment for 99 weeks without having any job related experience in those 99 weeks.

4. I do not see any correlation between declaring bankruptcy and filing for unemployment extensions. One action is not morally superior to the other in my opinion, nor are either action even remotely related.

5. I am a pragmatist and I do not think that a Republican congress will extend unemployment indefinitely. I think those on long term unemployment need a back up plan asap.

Just my opinions.....
                                You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X