No announcement yet.

'Extreme Makeover' house faces foreclosure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They fell into the same trap we all pretty much have.

Businesses fail all the time, and I guess if you had a paid for house and money to sit on it would be a dream to work for yourself. However operating your own business is not easy and for every success story there are hundreds who fail.

The problem is the lack of teaching folks in high school how to manage money. They want to teach kids about different religions, different lifestyles, but the single most important thing we do not teach and that is how to manage money. Nothing contributes more to choices in life, marital problems and opportunity in this country than how you manage your money.
    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

They made a mistake and now they have to suffer the consequences for it. We should not judge them for their bad decision. I have made my share of mistakes and that is why I am in this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by JRScott View Post
        The problem is the lack of teaching folks in high school how to manage money. They want to teach kids about different religions, different lifestyles, but the single most important thing we do not teach and that is how to manage money. Nothing contributes more to choices in life, marital problems and opportunity in this country than how you manage your money.
        I have been racking my brain trying to remember if/when I might have had any financial managment information in school--and sadly I can think of only very little. There was a math class where we learned more or less how to fill out a check book, and perhaps a basic income tax form. I did have Home Economics in the 9th Grade, but my main memories are of learning how to sew an A line skirt, and bake a pie. I cannot remember anything about planning budgets or anything like that. This was 1966 when Home Ec. was required. Now if it is offered at all, it is an elective. I also think it only ran one semester.
        Last edited by AngelinaCat; 07-29-2008, 01:04 PM.
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

When people work hard and earn their way into riches somewhere they learned to manage their money in order to get where they are. When riches are just handed to someone they never learned how to manage it properly.

Therefore it's not really that suprising that they found themselves in this situation.

I've often wondered when I watch the show how much these changes really help. Some of these people are stuggling to meet their day to day needs that is how their home ended up in the situation it was in. How much good does it do someone to have a beautiful house if they don't have the money to put food on that beautiful table.

I guess I'm not surprised. Nor do I really blame them that much. If I won the lottery tomarrow I can garantee I would make alot of mistakes with the money before I figured out how to live and what to do with it. Some people figure it out before the money is all gone and some never figure it out. I hope I would be in the first group.
          Filed: 10/26/2006
          Discharged: 03/05/2007
          Closed: 5/19/2008 - Asset case due to balance transfer and income tax refund

Comment

About the only thing I can say about this stupidity is they are not a "victim".

Hopefully they will enjoy their new home.
            The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X