X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stunning Fall for Main Street�s Brokerage Firm

"To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

I swear the banks own the world, not the governments.............
    Filed C7 Aug 31 2008
    341 Oct 8 2008
    Discharged Dec 9 2008

Comment

Filed 7/28/08, Discharged 10/29/08
      (filed pro se: nonconsumer no asset CH7)

Comment

Originally posted by BROKENN View Post
        I swear the banks own the world, not the governments.............
        Well, if the Bank's called any single Government's debt...
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I wonder if the banks will find the additional bk paperwork they lobbied for a pain in the ass.
          The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

Bank of America bought them. The whole place is crazy right now!!
            Filed Chapter 13 05/23/08
            Converted to Chapter 7 Jan 2012
            Discharged April 2012

Comment

I'm just glad we've stopped bailing them out, we can't afford it. Better to let these companies fail that made bad decisions, in the long run its better.

Bailing out Bear Stearns, Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae were just short term solutions that in the long run will end up costing us twice.
              May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
              July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
              September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Originally posted by JRScott View Post
                I'm just glad we've stopped bailing them out, we can't afford it. Better to let these companies fail that made bad decisions, in the long run its better.

Bailing out Bear Stearns, Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae were just short term solutions that in the long run will end up costing us twice.
                I don't think that it is as easy as that and there are many different facets to examine.

Wall street creates 4 jobs worldwide for every one that they have so letting them fail may or may not be the best thing.

In the long run everybody THINKS that they learn a lesson but witness the insider trading scandals, the junk bond crisis, the failed S&L crisis, dot com bubble, the analysts issues, the CDO's, the auction rate preferred issues and now the sub prime.

At the risk of sounding like a democrat this is ONE area where we need more regulation if nothing else.
                Very fortunate in the grand scheme of things but have learned my lesson.

Filed 12/15/08, 341 1/12/09, Cont to 2/12/09, cont to 3/12/09, cont to 4/15/09, cont to 5/11/09, cont to 6/02/09. Discharged 9/16/09, Closed 10/23/09

Comment

They can get a "bailout." They should have to suffer the consequences of a BK chapter or submit themselves to the civil rules of procedure applied to many consumers.

I'm not sure if I am "democrat" or a "republican," but I do feel that basic necessities need to be regulated. These include transportation, energy, healthcare, and financial institutions who rely on the discount or "overnight" rates provided by the feds. I may have missed some necessities, but for the rest let the FREE MARKET reign. The market should be required to submit to the same risks that consumers take on. If this seems simplistic, then it should.

JMHO

Comment

add AIG to the growing list of govt bailouts- US taxpayers just "loaned" 85 billion to AIG and in return we received a 79.9% equity stake in AIG..

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X