• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L.A. man kills family, himself over financial woes

"To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

What a sad story.

Anyone who is feeling that desperate needs to immediately call the appropriate helpline in their state.
    My comments are solely based on my opinion. The information and links that I have
    posted are provided solely for informational purposes, and do not constitute legal advice

Comment

I expect others have killed themselves recently and I expect others are going to do it also. Times are not very good.

During the Great Recession, house values depreciated dramatically. Some would be happy if they could sell their homes for half of what they paid for it. So I guess we should expect we are in The Great World Recession.
      Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

Very sad story.

What probably scares me worse then this is how other innocent people may be killed over ones money woes. Every downward cycle usually increases the crime rate across the board. You may start hearing more people get held up at ATMs or homes being robbed because of the slowdown. Hope I'm wrong.
        The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

All I can say is may god bless the loved ones who's lives were taken away selfishly. I hope they rest in heaven. It is incredibly sad what your mind can say is the best solution when your back gets put against the wall and you see no way out. My prayers are with the families of the ones lost. God bless you....

Comment

This is awful. I wonder how many sad stories are going to come from this. There are so many in the finacial industry that can't find jobs now.
            Filed Chapter 13 05/23/08
            Converted to Chapter 7 Jan 2012
            Discharged April 2012

Comment

I am afraid we may see a plague of these types.

There are reports now of a woman who stabbed her two daughters and shot herself in Louisville, KY. They've not yet determined the reason.
              May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
              July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
              September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Murderer.. Fine take your own life.. I am sorry he did not seek help and felt that was the only way out...But, to take innocent lives is pathetic. Even people that are mentally challenged have more respect for life than this pathetic loser.
                Last edited by Mi Bankruptcy; 10-07-2008, 06:38 AM.

Comment

I have mixed emotions about this whole story. He probably thought he was doing a good thing saving his family from the heartache of what was to come. I would like to believe he loved them all so much and that the anguish of feeling like a failure in life and having no control over his finances caused him to break.

Sometimes there really is no where to turn.While that does not justify his actions killing his family nor does it make it right. It should help us all to empathize how desperate some people are feeling.

This kind of reminds me of after my husband lost his job. He thought that we would all be better off without him. He honestly thought a small life insurance policy was more valuable than himself. It was not a suicide thing but more of a I am the man of the house and he did not want anyone to suffer. He was willing to do whatever he had to. He had worked so hard for so many years for the same people and they stabbed him right in the heart. He was more worried about his family than himself even after being treated that way. It was very hard for me to watch this man who had always been stronger than steel, curl up like a baby and cry himself to sleep in my arms.
                  Last edited by momof5; 10-07-2008, 06:16 AM.
                  5/29 Filed 7~ 341-on 6/24
                  8/27-DISCHARGED
                  11/2 - CLOSED
                  EQ-604 EX-605 TU-560 ~4.5 months after discharge

Comment

Originally posted by Mi Bankruptcy View Post
                    Murderer.. Fine take your own life.. I am sorry he did not seek help and felt that was the only way out...But, to take innocent lives is pathetic. Even people that are mentally challenged have more respect for life than this pathetic loser.

AGREE 100%!!... Everyone has their own life, brain, and dream. If you want to die then die yourself... but do NOT take lives of other people because of your selfish & delusional thinking.

The kids have dreams, let them fulfill their future lives and goals. They are innocent, don't know why you kill them??... so kill them is murder and crazy!

Comment

I don't think that he was in the right frame of mind. I'm sure he went insane and thought he was making a rational decision.
                      Filed Chapter 13 05/23/08
                      Converted to Chapter 7 Jan 2012
                      Discharged April 2012

Comment

It's very sad that he didn't reach out for help. We don't know all his circumstances or mental condition, but some people just can't face the humility or shame or judgment of reaching out for help.

I've learned from life that "anything can happen to anybody." If you are feeling that desperate, please reach out for help and don't worry about what people will think of you. No one is perfect and no one has a right to judge.

Comment

Originally posted by SiftedLikeWheat View Post
                          No one is perfect and no one has a right to judge.
                          Granted we hope people seek help. However, You better believe I will judge you if you kill innocent people. If your sane enough to start a family, get a job, qualify for loans and make decisions then you should be sane enough to seek help. Unless you are defending your life killing is never the answer.. Mentally ill or not!

Comment

Originally posted by momof5 View Post
                            I have mixed emotions about this whole story. He probably thought he was doing a good thing saving his family from the heartache of what was to come. I would like to believe he loved them all so much and that the anguish of feeling like a failure in life and having no control over his finances caused him to break.

Sometimes there really is no where to turn.While that does not justify his actions killing his family nor does it make it right. It should help us all to empathize how desperate some people are feeling.

This kind of reminds me of after my husband lost his job. He thought that we would all be better off without him. He honestly thought a small life insurance policy was more valuable than himself. It was not a suicide thing but more of a I am the man of the house and he did not want anyone to suffer. He was willing to do whatever he had to. He had worked so hard for so many years for the same people and they stabbed him right in the heart. He was more worried about his family than himself even after being treated that way. It was very hard for me to watch this man who had always been stronger than steel, curl up like a baby and cry himself to sleep in my arms.
                            If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

My wife related this story to me and said she just does not understand things like this when all they would have to do is "down size". I told her, "you know what, I can almost understand this guy", and she just kinda looked at me. Or maybe it was a glare. I of course do not know the details of the present case, but in my own, and judging from the age the fact pattern may be similiar, when my teenager turned the age of employable, I heard every excuse in the book why he did not want to get a job - and my wife defended them all. As the only bread earner in the house, and working as many as 105 hours in a week, and coming home to find my son playing video games, or wearing some more new clothes, or driving here or there, and not generating any of his own money to pay for these things and more - more than once I found myself extremely aggitated. It seemed the harder I worked, the less money I had at the end of the month. I asked, I begged, I pleaded for him to find a job to help out - but those conversations only led to him spending more money (most likely a rebellious reaction) (or maybe that was just my perception). I guess what I am saying, and I am not defending this person taking the lives of others, they may not have been as innocent in this as it would appear on the surface. I believe that I was extremely far away from that breaking point - but you just never know when that last straw will be placed on the camel to bring it to its knees.

All of that said, please understand that I love my son and my wife more than life itself and the relationships between us and among us is very strong. But I can certainly empathize with this person. May God rest his soul as well as his family's.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X