No announcement yet.

Average home price $18,513 - Unemployment rate 21%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=floridian;226504]its starting to look like the french revolution all over again...

refresh my memory, as it was a long time ago that i read the 2005 bk rules... doesnt the new rules exempt those who are in the upper income levels?[/QUOTE]

What in the "new rules" exempts upper income people?

Exemptions have not changed with the 05 reform except for the amount of time needed to reside in a state with high homestead exemptions.
    The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

Say no more Hub, my Mother was born in 1923. Yep, she talked about how she HATED when the "Antiique Car Show" held in Hillsboro OR came every year (Remembered the name now "Concorse de Elegance"). Cars she saw only rich driving and not contributing to the needy stuck with her for so long afterward. Her family (Fathers, brothers sister) traveling how they could, working 12 hours a day, 7 days a week and everything going home for the others...Tough times indeed.

Having lived for 4 months without internet, TV (No power, no tv when in MO) I can attest, I read ALOT more then..Maybe we need a giant power crush which renders electricity null for 2 months..Maybe this would tell us "Luxury is just that, stay with what you can afford" I've actually pondered buy a delivery van, setting it up for basic living (Batteries set into floor for use in major power needs) and living like that..Who knows, may occur soon!

Yes, the old adage hold true "You cannot borrow your way out of debt" (Well, I DID try!)

Plus your mentioning of "Not meaning to be negative" is a good idea of just why 1929 did occur. It really wasn't money crunch, rich taking it all, but mostly the "Loss of confidence" in the monetary system" in place...The money didn't just vanish, simply people didn't trust what the govt told them anymore and trusted none of the bankers...

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
      What bothers me the most, is the print money to get out of this is what brought a despot to Germany. We now have a president elect out of Chicago, with many trails of doubt. I wish him well as the first Black Pres, but I worked some time in Chicago and I do know how to pay a potential traffic ticket. The same way everyone works. If you want a house passed for codes, $20. on the permit. Etc.
      Reading and actually looking at the offering (Northville/Wayne county 14,721 houses for sale) I put in a MAX of $25,000..Result? 4,831 homes available..Remember MAX $25,000 Purchase Price!!!

I just wondered, if it could be swung, to start a sort of collective approach. 2 schools abandoned..Halfway house/drug rehab (Yeah, I'm a dreamer) houses used for social workers, maybe govt employees get them free, for living in area for 5-10 years (I imagine them saying "Who'll provide bulletproof vests?")

I think in a way, this might not be "Fixable" I think it might be that for "Detroit" an experiement of "Complete destruction" might be needed so that rebuilding would be done in such a way, to not have this possibly occur and then move such acts to other cities..No, forget NY, that's to be the Super Prison like in "Escape from NY" (I thought it was an ok film, could be done too)

Sigh, it's time like these, I wish I was 20 years younger..Yeah, I am still an idealist, but also reality gave me a crotchshot I can still recall with the complete pain included. (Sorry for the graphic description folks)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X