Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ADP: Private Sector Sheds 23,000 Jobs

March 31, 2010

Private payrolls unexpectedly fell by 23,000 in March, according to ADP. The survey tallies only private-sector jobs, while government data to be released Friday include government workers and is expected to show gains.

Private payrolls unexpectedly fell in March, according to data released Wednesday.

Private-sector jobs in the U.S. dropped by 23,000 this month, according to a national employment report published Wednesday by payroll giant Automatic Data Processing Inc. and consultancy firm Macroeconomic Advisers.

The ADP survey tallies only private-sector jobs, while the Bureau of Labor Statistics' nonfarm payroll data, to be released Friday, include government workers. The addition of workers for the 2010 census is expected to lift federal government payrolls.

The ADP number compares with a 50,000 gain projected by economists in a Dow Jones Newswires survey. The change in employment from January 2010 to February 2010 was revised down slightly, from a decline of 20,000 to a decline of 24,000.

Economists surveyed by Dow Jones expect the BLS will report March payrolls jumped by 200,000 jobs, following a drop of 36,000 in February when blizzards along the East Coast cut into business hours and kept workers snowed in at home.

The March unemployment rate is projected to remain at 9.7%.

The latest ADP report showed large businesses with 500 employees or more shed 7,000 and medium-size businesses lost 4,000 workers in March. Small businesses that employ fewer than 50 workers cut 12,000 jobs.

Service-sector jobs added 28,000, while factory jobs fell by 9,000 in March.

ADP, of Roseland, N.J., says it processes payments of one in six U.S. workers, while Macroeconomic Advisers, based in St. Louis, is an economic-consulting firm.

Another Wednesday job reports was more optimistic than ADP. TrimTabs Investment Research estimated the U.S. economy added 280,000 jobs in March.

"While the Census Bureau's hiring of temporary workers was responsible for most of the employment growth, the private sector finally started adding employees," said Charles Biderman, chief executive of TrimTabs.

TrimTabs bases its employment estimates on an analysis of daily income tax deposits to the U.S. Treasury from all salaried employees.

Filed Chapter 7 July 2010
    Attended 341 September 2010
    Discharged November 2010 Closed November 2010

Obama Magic.

The main stream news today stated that our last National poll says the American people are optimistic about the economy.

Here is the magic, government is manufacturing bureaucratic "companies" all over the place. They require employees. The numbers are those lucky new employees. Problem = what are they paid with? Government does not make money. Government only spends our money. Government manufactures no goods or services. They only manufacture people control, laws, rules, and taxes. WE pay them. WE BE POOr. The well is about to dry up and if Government starts to print fiat money to pay for fake employees by the number, then all of our savings will become worthless.

Is this their plan? HHMMmm. Maybe. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Last I heard, California was printing I.O.U.'s in lieu of paychecks. However, they will not honor those scrip to payment on property taxes. So, if an employee works, does not get hard currency, but cannot pay their taxes with hard currency, WTF?

CA is not the only state in this trouble. Like dominoes, others will fall and then the U.S. Government. Rife for a dictator. OR, has it already happened? November will tell.
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

The March unemployment rate is projected to remain at 9.7%.
        Of course it will remain the same. So long as it's under 10%... it's just fine.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
          Last I heard, California was printing I.O.U.'s in lieu of paychecks. However, they will not honor those scrip to payment on property taxes. So, if an employee works, does not get hard currency, but cannot pay their taxes with hard currency, WTF?

CA is not the only state in this trouble. Like dominoes, others will fall and then the U.S. Government. Rife for a dictator. OR, has it already happened? November will tell.
          I paid mine with hard currency. Yes, it sucks here in CA. I'm stockpiling food and Ammo. I have never seen the country so devided. The politicians are not listening to the people. They have this mentality right now that they can just shove legislation down our throats, and the people will just learn to live with it. come-on november.............cant get here soon enough.
          Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Drill baby... drill!
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X