X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another "Real Housewives" Star Files For Bankruptcy

November 18, 2010

'Real Housewives of New York City' star files for bankruptcy

Sonja Morgan, star of Bravo’s The Real Housewives of New York City, filed for bankruptcy yesterday, People reports.

“The decision to seek bankruptcy relief was not an easy one,” Morgan wrote in court papers. “But unfortunately, I am at a crossroads in my life.”

According to her Chapter 11 bankruptcy petition, Morgan’s debt is listed at $19.8 million. She has attributed her financial struggles to a “bitter” divorce from husband John Adams Morgan — a descendant of J.P. Morgan and John Adams — as well as a failed film venture with Hannibal Pictures.

Morgan, who joined the Real Housewives of New York City cast during its most recent third season, is optimistic about her future. “My current monthly income including support is about $26,000 per month,” she told People. “And I expect this income to improve as new opportunities materialize.”

Earlier in the year, Real Housewives of New Jersey star Teresa Giudice also filed for Chapter 11.

Filed Chapter 7 July 2010
    Attended 341 September 2010
    Discharged November 2010 Closed November 2010

I heard about this one.

Comment

Have you heard anything about Teresa Guidice's BK? Any news on the status? (A $60,000 shopping spree the day after her 341 hearing? REALLY?? That should almost qualify as not mentally qualified to stand trial).
      Filed Ch. 7 11/8/10: Survived 341 Meeting 12/13/10 Report of No Distribution!! 12/14/10Received UST Presumption of Abuse!! 12/15/10 UST states Dismissal is Inappropriate! DISHARGED!! 2/22/11

Comment

Originally posted by clevelandmom View Post
        Have you heard anything about Teresa Guidice's BK? Any news on the status? (A $60,000 shopping spree the day after her 341 hearing? REALLY?? That should almost qualify as not mentally qualified to stand trial).
        And tailor made Halloween costumes for her children?? UGH! So are they both filing Chapter 11 because they make too much money or because they consider themselves business entities or what? I just read somewhere that Toni Braxton is filing Chapter 7 - so that made me wonder why the Real Housewives are filing 11's.
        ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
        Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

So even big stars are not spared from this big 'B'.
          URL Removed by Admin

Comment

All of us on this board have had to struggle with the fears of meeting the means test and make sure we are doing are bk's under the proper rules. I am blown away by some of these celebrities and how they can pull off bk's and get away with lavish buying sprees both before and after the bk. Perhaps they are turning themselves into corporations so the rules are different.

But I am shocked the judges and creditors don't challenge their expenses and buying sprees.

Comment

Originally posted by goodyphilips View Post
              So even big stars are not spared from this big 'B'.
              It appears that way. When people rich, middle class or working poor build their lifestyles on the foundation of credit and it goes too high, the weight eventually collapses .

Comment

Completely agree with you that if you are not prudent in your financial practices and build your base on your credit then it is a recipe of the disaster.
                URL Removed by Admin

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X