top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woman Sues After $287M Credit Card Bill - Capital One!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woman Sues After $287M Credit Card Bill - Capital One!

December 14, 2010

A Pennsylvania woman's lawsuit against Capital One claims she was harassed for months over an erroneous $286,651,237 credit card bill.

The Philadelphia court lawsuit filed by Patrice Perry, 58, alleges the company used "terroristic debt-collection methods" while dunning her, family members and co-workers for months to collect on an erroneous debt, the Philadelphia Daily News reported Tuesday.

Craig Kimmel, Perry's attorney, said Capital One first sent an erroneous bill for $4,807 in May 2009 and the amount the bank claimed she owed fluctuated wildly between months.

"It's not your typical scenario, where you'd expect if they were pursing debt with interest it would only go up," Kimmel said. "It went down and up and down and up. The only thing I can associate with that is that they were trying to confuse my client."

The suit is seeking $286,651,237, the same amount Capital One claimed Perry owed.

A Capital One spokeswoman said the company is working to correct the "human error" in Perry's case.

A Pennsylvania woman's lawsuit against Capital One claims she was harassed for months over an erroneous $286,651,237 credit card bill.
    Last edited by Flamingo; 12-15-2010, 03:30 AM. Reason: Inserted correct link
    Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
    New Job 7-2011

Originally posted by chicagoannie
    http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2010/12/...9271292370432/

I do not know how to make this clickable, but here is the link to the story!
    Hi chicagoannie: I fixed your problem by putting the link at the bottom of your article. I also cleaned up the date at the top. If you will look at your revised article, this is how it should appear.

You did a very good job at your first post in the 'BK & Credit News' forum.

Thank for your contribution.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Oh - I see what you did - thanks much for the help!
      Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
      New Job 7-2011

Comment

I would love to see Patrice win. Let's get her punitive damages too.
        Filed Ch. 7 11/8/10: Survived 341 Meeting 12/13/10 Report of No Distribution!! 12/14/10Received UST Presumption of Abuse!! 12/15/10 UST states Dismissal is Inappropriate! DISHARGED!! 2/22/11

Comment

It's common practice (the fluctuating part) until someone sues, then it becomes a "human error." More people needs complain these bad "human errors."
          +125K Unsecured so far. Change your cellphone#, give all creditors your Google Voice#, and turn on the "do not disturb." Now enjoy the rest of your day . Thank you Chase: I deal with you last.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X