Grocery Prices Up 10% In 3rd Quarter 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ifonly View Post
    This is why I always shop using the unit price on the tags.....the price per oz., per sheet, per whatever. Even that can be challenging since the unit of measurement may not be the same across brands. I stepped foot in the Walmart near us (I try to NEVER, EVER shop there) because I buying lemi-shine (only place that carries it) and I figured I'd pick up toilet paper. Surprise, surprise - they don't show unit prices on ANY of their price tags. I didn't buy anything other than what I went in for. When I mentioned the lack of unit prices to the cashier, she literally had no idea what I was talking about.
    I avoid Wal-mart for sodas, detergent and several other products. They are way more expensive than other grocery store chains in our area. I have noticed this for a while. Wal-mart will have great prices on some items but makes up for the cost of a lot of things by having high prices on other items that you can get cheaper elsewhere. They have you in the one big store and hope you will just buy it all there. I stopped buying sodas and many food items there a long time ago. I am not sure if this is by location to location, but when I visit my daughter in North Carolina and have gone to her local wal-mart there with her to shop, I notice the same thing...

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
      I avoid Wal-mart for sodas, detergent and several other products.
      Wally-World is very aggressive in our area for soda. They dominate the coke/pepsi market with 24 packs, but would you believe that they place them at the very back of the store? Shocking
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I think it's definitely their corporate model. I shopped at Walmart more (due to lack of other choices) when we lived in the Poconos but I started noticing all of the things you mentioned. I don't buy soda, etc. but I try to find good prices on Juicy Juice or 100% juices for the kids.

I feel so lucky that we live near a Wegman's now. So many more choices (especially since I have to watch my hubby's sodium) and their name brand stuff is cheaper than Walmart's name brand stuff. Doesn't sound like it should be but it's true.
        over $100K cc debt,$20K taxes,$332K mortgages/value $190K,surrendered
        Confirmed, $801/month 56 down,4 to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X