Most Americans Still Believe in Homeownership, Poll Says

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shark66 View Post
    I always thought you lived in New Jersey...

But now I see that your address must be 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington, DC...

Good luck to us all.

cat as always, has, listed that he lives in nj with nothing hidden. (i know you are still a bit pi**ed at me for my lung cancer answer to Ohiofiler) and it i was indeed a shocker, but i ask you shark, my hopfully friend, is as wise as is, and can understand cat's NOT living in washington in ANY way..

and may peace and love be with you and yours...
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

@tobee:

I'm not pi$$ed at you, never was...

As for catleg's address...that's the only address that would match a mortgage of that size...

Now, if he gets new tenants in January of 2013, he might be able to raise their rent some...

Good luck to us all.
      No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by shark66 View Post
        @tobee:

I'm not pi$$ed at you, never was...

As for catleg's address...that's the only address that would match a mortgage of that size...

Now, if he gets new tenants in January of 2013, he might be able to raise their rent some...

Good luck to us all.
        yikes not if your in jersey, mortgages are high even on the most modest of homes, really. a DEATH state! the happiest day of my life was leaving it and all there was behind there. however, i do not want to trash anywhere...LOL!!!!

and thanks! needed to make sure you were as perky and wise as always
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Not necessarily. If you invested your 20 percent down payment in dividend stocks, you would come out ahead. What you also fail to factor in is home maint which adds up.

Originally posted by bcohen View Post
          Even though you supposedly "lost" $38k in value, you still got the benefit of a house to live in for 13 years plus the tax subsidy of being able to deduct your mortgage interest--something that is inherently unfair and "stacks the deck" against those of us who rent our home. For a house that's worth $140k, the cost to rent it would have been about $1200 a month, so for 13 years you would have paid more than $187k and had nothing to show for it other than living there for 13 years. Therefore, by my calculations, you made a profit of about $80k-90k (taking into account taxes, insurance, and upkeep) plus you still have the $102k that you'll get for the house today! So tell me again how you lost money?

Comment

aapl has nearly 10,000 corporate employees and their R&D is there as well. 'Designed in California, made in China'. aapl has also hired contractors to help design their stores which are pro jobs. Each country has comparative advantages. If we want to be like Germany with high end manufacturing, our K-12 edu would have to be junked in favor of hybrid edu/trade schools.
            Google and others have to do the creative accounting so their profits are not taxed multiple times. Why should firms pay U.S. corp taxes on their oversea profits which have been already taxed in their subsidiary countries?

Originally posted by catleg View Post
            Apples offshores all the "good" mfg jobs.
            Google launders its profits through Ireland and the Netherlands.
            California is productive, but megacorps HQ'd there are skilled at keeping the profits elsewhere.
            Look at MSFT..it is doing the Skype purchase with overseas funds.
            And by the way all the employees are being laid off and their options terminated...they get nothingburger out of the deal.
            ND may be doing some things right vs California but sadly as it turns out there is no way to legislate that these companies
            keep good jobs in America..their lawyers are too smart.
            So is it then true that the only good states to live in are the "extraction" states where something is pulled from the ground?
            No particular opinion expressed here, just frustration.

Comment

Originally posted by jacko View Post
              If we want to be like Germany with high end manufacturing, our K-12 edu would have to be junked in favor of hybrid edu/trade schools.
              This country's K-12 edu system needs to be junked regardless of whether we want to be like Germany or not...

German education does not rely on hybrid schools, BTW...but on old European "gymnasium" concept where one is taught *real* science and not politically-correct garbage...you get a bit of everything - in depth - and then make your choices depending on your scores and preferences...

Good luck to us all.
              No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X